Do more than make a living. Make a difference!
Processing Supervisor - Traditional
This is a 1st shift opportunity, Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Make a direct impact on the life of another by being a member of a very unique team of individuals. Community Tissue Services (CTS) is a not-for-profit tissue bank founded and headquartered in Dayton OH. CTS proudly serves the public through recovery, processing
and distribution of human tissue grafts used for transplantation in life-saving and life-enhancing procedures. CTS is currently one of the largest US tissue banks, distributing nearly 10% of the tissue grafts in the United States. We are the largest nonprofit
provider of skin grafts to surgeons for severe burn patients. CTS is accredited by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB), and strives to be on the forefront of new graft development and biotechnology to better serve recipients and medical professionals.
The Tissue Processing Supervisor acts as supervisor of Processing Team Leaders and Technicians, ensuring safe and effective processing of human tissue grafts for transplantation. As Supervisor, you will coordinate training of your team members, delegate work
assignments, ensure procedures are completed properly and equipment is in proper working order, and document and maintain accurate records. In the spirit of maintaining a high performing team, you will be expected to actively develop your team members' skills
and abilities, and provide recognition, coaching, counseling and disciplinary actions as appropriate.
We offer an outstanding benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and supplemental insurance, tuition assistance, 401(k) with company contribution and match and generous Paid Time Off (PTO).
Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Education and Certification
Bachelor’s degree required. Certified Tissue Bank Specialist preferred.
Prior experience supervising or leading a team of production personnel required. Must have at least one year experience of allograft processing or medical supply experience. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is highly preferred. Previous manufacturing
scheduling experienced preferred. A minimum of one year of supervisory or training experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of processing anatomy and sterile technique is required.
• Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
• Knowledge of allograft tissue operations is preferred.
• Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
• Must possess problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Must be able to receive, follow and effectively give directions.
• Must be able to report numbers accurately and monitor error control.
Work Environment and Physical Activities
• Requires heavy lifting, moderate levels of standing and is physically demanding.
• Some areas of Manufacturing may require the ability to work around high magnetic circuits or magnetic fields.
• Requires good eye-hand coordination skills.
• Must be able to meet the required physical demands with or without reasonable accommodation.