||Accounting & Finance
With exceptional listening and compassion skills, and the ability to translate Vancity's Good Money™ brand promise to our members, you will bring 2-3 years related experience (minimum 1 year SOX experience preferred).
The Internal Auditor reports directly into the Manager Internal Audit. Please note, this is a 6 month contract position, with the possibility of a 3 month extension.
Key areas of accountability for this role are:
- Complete audits through the audit lifecycle (for less complex audits) according to the Audit Plan and according to Vancity Internal Audit processes and methodology, and participate on audit teams as assigned.
- Provide industry knowledge and technical expertise to build capacity and capability of the Internal Audit Team.
- Support development of the risk-based Audit Plan.
- Identify opportunities to optimize the audit process and develop improvements to existing risk management approaches and audit methodologies, consistent with Institute of Internal Audit's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (IIA Standards).
- Dialogue with external auditors and regulators, and provide support as required to enable completion of their work.
- Support the manager to provide advice on dealing with risk and control without compromising the independence of Internal Audit.
Here at Vancity, we have a consistent set of expectations for all employees:
- Work effectively and with full commitment on the tasks assigned by your manager.
- Give your manager your best advice.
- Stay within policy.
- Solid business acumen in the context of the financial industry.
- Solid knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques of risk based auditing (from planning through to reporting) and a basic understanding of relevant standards (ie Institute of Internal Auditors Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing).
- Demonstrated ability to identify potential audit issues and internal control weaknesses.
- Solid business analytical skills to assess and ability to understand common/standard business concepts, functions or processes, identify risks and mitigation activities, assess effectivemenss of those activities and develop recommendations for issues identified.
- Basic knowledge of governance, risk management and control framework, methodologies and practices.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to create clear understanding of expectations; address escalated challenges and issues in reporting areas; and to represent the functional area across the organization.
- Solid knowledge of Vancity functions and programs.
- Solid knowledge of the relevant Vancity policies, procedures, systems and software.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player; self motivated.
- Solid knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques of project management.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office
The competencies for this position would typically be acquired through a specialized diploma in an undergraduate degree in business plus completion of/in progress for an accounting or internal auditing designation (CA, CGA, CMA, CIA, CISA).
2 to 3 years related experience.
||Apply to This Job
||Send This Job to a Friend