||Toray Plastics (America), Inc., was founded in 1985 and consists of the Torayfan® Polypropylene Film and Lumirror® Polyester Film Divisions, located in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, and the Toraypef® Olefin Foams Division, located in Front Royal, Virginia.
As the only U.S. manufacturer of precision-performance polyester, polypropylene, metallized, and bio-based films, we produce 188 million pounds of film annually for flexible and rigid packaging, lidding, graphic, industrial, optical, and electronic applications.
The Toraypef Division, which invented cross-linked polyolefin foams and now also produces polypropylene and polyethylene foams, is a leading global supplier to the automotive and flooring industries. This dynamic, unified, synergistic group is relentless in
its pursuit of product innovation and quality on behalf of customers.
Reporting to the Operations Planning Manager, the Production Scheduler performs both short and long term production planning to ensure that extrusion coater and slitting operations are scheduled efficiently and cost effectively. Need to balance the demand for
raw materials, optimized scheduling, and maintaining satisfactory customer deliveries via proper order sizes, run rules, and safety stock management/review. The position requires forward thinking and the ability to innovate new ideas and methods.
• Schedule and optimize all incoming orders for extrusion coater and slitter operations
• Maintain a daily and 3 month schedule that will be used by production as well as New Product Development, Sales, etc.
• Monitor daily production and tie back to schedule/adjust schedule as needed
• Manage stock inventories to minimize losses and maximize throughput
• Set lead times for extrusion coater
• Monitor upstream supply chain for disruptions. Work with other department schedulers to validate schedule and supply
• Works closely with sales to ensure sample orders and any hot orders flow through the plant in a timely & efficient manner
• Review and maintain data integrity for all scheduled jobs across all systems to ensure the right data is passed to production
• Maintain & communicate with Sales and New Product Development to understanding upcoming launches
• Help Materials Coordinator to develop raw material demand based on long-term forecast
• Manage external slitting programs, when needed
||We are seeking candidates with a Bachelors degree (required) and experience in upending a process and rebuilding. Multiple years of relevant production scheduling experience is preferable, but not required. Additional requirements include:
• Must have proven ability to be a team player and be able to present to all levels of management
• PC skills with a very strong emphasis on spreadsheet competency (preferably EXCEL)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented, flexible, good organizational skills
• Experience in a roll/batch environment preferred
• This position is on call 24/7 to support production needs
• GE Plant Apps experience preferred
• SAP experience preferred
• Candidate must be an innovative self-starter
Toray Plastics (America) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected status.
It is the policy of Toray Plastics (America) Inc. to maintain a work environment that is safe for all persons, including the community, and conducive to attaining high work standards. To achieve these objectives, we are committed to maintaining a drug, tobacco
and alcohol free workplace and perform pre-employment testing.
||Send This Job to a Friend