||Production Supervisor (S)
||At Toray Plastics (America), we are proud of the products we deliver and the employees who make it possible. That's why we think it is important to provide not only a competitive salary, but also a premier benefits package including health, life management,
and retirement benefits that work together to support employees now and for the future.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Production Supervisor. We operate 365 days a year on rotating day/night 12 hour shifts. The Production Supervisor is responsible for supporting the division requirements and must assure plant policies and procedures are
followed. This position leads the shift technicians to achieve the division’s safety, quality & productivity goals.
• Supervises approximately 12-15 shift technicians, ensuring work instructions are carried out safely and accurately during the 12-hour rotating shift
• Strives to meet shift goals regarding safety performance, uprate, and yield
• Works closely with Quality Control, Technical, Engineering, and Maintenance to troubleshoot extrusion or foam issues
• Writes and administers employee performance evaluations
• Administers corrective action when necessary
• Presents shift performance information and issues at post-shift meeting
• Understanding of and compliance with all safety and production procedures
• Ability to troubleshoot problems
• Ability to train both new and experienced technicians
• Effective communication skills along with proven leadership ability
• Ability to develop and promote a team environment
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to write routine reports
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
• Must have good attendance and history of good work performance, and be able to perform the essential functions of the job in a satisfactory manner
• Must be proficient in MS Office - Word & Excel
• 5 plus years supervisory experience preferred
• B.S. in Engineering or Business preferred
• Experience w/ vacuum systems, extrusion and foams or plastics experience preferred.
Please note there is no relocation assistance available for this position.
Toray Plastics (America) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected status.
It is the policy of Toray Plastics (America) Inc. to maintain a work environment that is safe for all persons, including the community, and conducive to attaining high work standards. To achieve these objectives, we are committed to maintaining a drug, tobacco
and alcohol free workplace and perform pre-employment testing.
Maintains and adheres to Toray Plastics (America), Inc.’s various certification criteria processes, such as ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14001, AIB, BRC/IoP.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend