||Director of Manufacturing
||Toray Plastics (America), Inc., was founded in 1985 and consists of the Torayfan® Polypropylene Film and Lumirror® Polyester Film Divisions, located in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, and the Toraypef® Olefin Foams Division, located in Front Royal, Virginia.
As the only U.S. manufacturer of precision-performance polyester, polypropylene, metallized, and bio-based films, we produce 188 million pounds of film annually for flexible and rigid packaging, lidding, graphic, industrial, optical, and electronic applications.
The Toraypef Division, which invented cross-linked polyolefin foams and now also produces polypropylene and polyethylene foams, is a leading global supplier to the automotive and flooring industries. This dynamic, unified, synergistic group is relentless in
its pursuit of product innovation and quality on behalf of customers.
Toray PEF division is in the midst of an expansion exceeding $40 million which will enhance our product offerings and help us surpass our customer’s expectations. We have an excellent opportunity for a Director of Manufacturing who will be responsible for the
safe, efficient, profitable operation of the PEF Manufacturing facility.
• Provide management leadership and strategic direction to the PEF Manufacturing organization to assure compliance with established policies and procedures, attainment of divisional and Company goals and the development and retention of a highly skilled, motivated
• Reviews production schedules and directs adjustments based on the availability of personnel, equipment and materials. Ensures appropriate personnel are aware of production shortfalls, delays or interruptions that impact the on-time delivery of PEF products.
• On an on-going basis, monitors all aspects of plant operations in order to identify cost saving strategies. Identifies targeted savings figures and manages operations to meet or exceed desired goals.
• Works with process engineering, quality assurance and maintenance to implement product/process changes. Establishes measurement standards and continually monitors performance to determine the effective or need for change.
• Oversee Maintenance and Utilities efforts.
• Interfaces with other Company Manufacturing organizations, Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Product Development and Sales to facilitate the exchange of information and improve the efficiency of PEF operations.
• Develop and present for approval staffing plans, operating and capital expenditure budgets and other required reports that detail the operation of the manufacturing facility. Operates the facility within the constraints imposed by the approved plans and notifies
senior management of major deviations.
• Encourages the development of a work environment in which managers work collaboratively with the manufacturing staff and workers to introduce change, resolve problems and develop policies and procedures the promote efficient, safe operations.
• Interprets and applies Human Resources policies to resolve problems, and to hire, train, motivate, reward, discipline and terminate assigned personnel. Participates as a member of the HR Committee assisting the development of new or in the modification of
existing policies and procedures.
||We are seeking candidates with a Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (REQUIRED) and 7+ years of manufacturing management experience. Candidates should have a minimum of five years experience in a chemical/plastics environment.
Additional requirements include:
• Proven leadership and organizational development skills
• Advanced knowledge of manufacturing management
• Solid communications skills – verbal, written and presentation,
• Superior analytical/problem solving skills
Please note that some travel will be required.
Toray Plastics (America) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected status.
It is the policy of Toray Plastics (America) Inc. to maintain a work environment that is safe for all persons, including the community, and conducive to attaining high work standards. To achieve these objectives, we are committed to maintaining a drug, tobacco
and alcohol free workplace and perform pre-employment testing.
||Send This Job to a Friend