At Toray Plastics (America), we are proud of the products we deliver and the employees who make it possible. That's why we think it is important to provide not only a competitive
salary, but also a premier benefits package including health, life management, and retirement benefits that work together to support employees now and for the future. We have an excellent position available for a Shift Process Engineer.
The PCM Process Engineer is responsible for collecting process data, watching, and analyzing the phenomena to improve productivity and yield throughout each process area.
In addition, this person summarizes and reports the process information which is found and collected on a database. This person supports the manufacturing process using engineering skills to assess, manage, implement, improve, or revise processes with the
goal of improving machine/process safety, production efficiency/capacity, product quality, and process stability. He or she develops procedures that facilitate the adoption of standardized processes that support future expansion. Also, this person monitors
the effectiveness of processes and quantifies results and presents findings to management. He or she prepares detailed reports and analysis for use by management in measuring overall production efficiency.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to think both critically and theoretically
- Fundamental computer skills in Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work a 12 hour rotating shift
- Able to lift 50 lbs and work in higher temperature/high humidity environments
- Assesses and documents existing processes. Implements and evaluates changes to existing processes designed to enhance productivity, safety or product quality. Develops new
processes as required.
- Develops and maintains process documentation systems ensuring that processes and procedures are clearly stated, in the correct format and can be accessed with minimal difficulty
- Monitors daily production, collecting and analyzing data in order to recognize trends and potential problem areas. Develops proactive approach to problem solving through the
early identification and understanding of problem areas.
- Utilizes recognized statistical process control techniques and other measurement tools to develop, maintain and present required reports detailing the effectiveness of existing
processes or supporting the need for the introduction of new processes/procedures.
- Interfaces with engineering, production, quality control and other associated areas in defining and developing required processes.
- Interacts closely with new product development group to assist in implementation and scale up of new products on the production lines.
BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
0-2 years practical work experience in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to think critically and theoretically
Ability to work a 12 hour rotating shift (both days/nights/weekends/holidays)
Strong computer skills in MS Office
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. TPA offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. It is the policy of Toray Plastics (America) Inc. to maintain
a work environment that is safe for all persons, including the community, and conducive to attaining high work standards. To achieve these objectives, we are committed to maintaining a drug, tobacco and alcohol free workplace and perform pre-employment testing.
Maintains and adheres to Toray Plastics (America), Inc.’s various certification criteria processes, such as ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14001, AIB, BRC/IoP.