Manage the company’s international transactional tax, income tax, international auditing and international tax accounting functions and ensure compliance with applicable international tax and finance laws and regulation in the company’s international locations.
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of all international passenger taxes. Ensure accurate and timely updates of passenger tax amounts and rules within ERP systems.
- Perform financial reconciliations for passenger taxes against information contained and received from multiple tax jurisdictions and financial systems.
- Coordinate with treasury function to ensure effective cash management with international financial institutions.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation and filing of international income tax and other tax returns (i.e., municipal, property tax, etc.), as well as related financial accounting books and records in accordance with statutory generally accepted accounting
methods, principles and regulations in international locations.
- Manage relationships with international accounting firms engaged to provide statutory accounting and tax services for international locations. Monitor costs and appropriately budget international professional fees.
- Prepare Corporate OPEX Allocation and ensure proper accounting at each international location.
- Supervise the independent statutory and fiscal audits required in the international locations.
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of all international VAT taxes.
- Ensure accurate and timely updates of passenger tax amounts and rules within ERP systems.
- Responsible for international tax related SOX 404 documentation, assistance in design and efficiency of controls in place.
- Prepare all international tax related account balance reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, tax or finance.
- CPA – Certified Public Accountant required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working within multi-national company
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Bilingual fluent in English and Spanish (spoken and written communications)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with internal controls and SOX compliance
- Solid understanding of International/Statutory airline accounting and passenger tax regulations
- Minimum 2 years of experience working for the airline or related industry (i.e., cruiseline)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with SAP
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and
promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.