||Chief Claim Specialist I (Property Claims)
We are seeking an experienced Chief Claim Specialist I to provide a high level of specialized claims handling expertise for our Property line of business.
Responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assertive daily handling of Property Claims associated with Property and Binding Authority Underwriting policies. This includes complex claims, litigation, high exposure cases and coverage issues. When applicable, keeping reinsurers updated on developments
which allow them to evaluate their exposures
- Provide appropriate reporting on files to the Unit Leader and/or Sr. Management with recommendations on reserving, plan of action, and current evaluation as required
- Act independently in evaluating claim exposures within assigned dollar authority
- Various other duties as assigned
To be considered, candidates should have the following qualifications:
- College degree or equivalent property claims experience
- Minimum 10 years of claims experience with a high degree of technical experience, claims handling practices, an in-depth knowledge of coverage and policy language and litigation management.
- Adjusters license required or must be able to obtain and maintain required adjuster’s licenses.
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (telephone, e-mail and interpersonal)
- Excellent understanding and skill level of internal and external customer service
- Current and in-depth knowledge of specialized claim handling, policy interpretation-both standard forms and manuscript forms, damage assessment, expert selection and management, legal issues, civil procedures, principles of investigation, adjustment documentation
and evaluation of cases to determine effective course of action
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word and Excel)