RSUI has a unique opportunity available for a Business Data Analyst to join our Executive department. The Business Data Analyst will support Analytics Team initiatives by providing business insight for all lines of business (brokerage and binding, property
and casualty). The role will require research into specific questions as well as investigative projects (data mining) to identify areas for further research.
Specific responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interpret business questions, assess availability of data, test and analyze various statistical models, recommend model approach, and reports results in an informative and / or actionable manner
- Provide business insight through the use of trend and regression analysis (all lines)
- Provide business insight through the use of predictive analytics (strong emphasis on Binding Authority, all lines as appropriate)
- Respond to business questions and take initiative to investigate data, present findings
- Interact with analysts to address business and data questions
- Interact with actuaries to ensure models include adequate rates
- Interact with IT to gain access and understanding of data infrastructure / architecture
- Ad hoc analysis and other responsibilities as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the ability to demonstrate and communicate to all levels of business how a statistical and predictive model is helping drive value.
To be considered, candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in math, statistics, finance, computer science, or related field
- 1-2 years experience working with various statistical and predictive models including but not limited to R, SAS, etc.
- 1-2 years experience working with of SQL Server (2012 and higher)
- 1-2 years of experience with property and casualty insurance a plus
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
- Professional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent team player with positive, can-do attitude