RSUI has a great opportunity for an Actuarial Analyst to join our team! This position reports to the Chief Actuary and will support actuarial functions, providing experience and support in the reserving and analytical processes.
Responsibilities of the Actuarial Analyst include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reserving – preparing analyses to support selection of development factors and ultimate loss ratios by Department. This will be performed as directed and with the oversight and management of the Chief Actuary.
- Prepare analyses as directed by the Chief Actuary in support of the monthly IBNR process for Casualty and Property lines of business.
- Ad Hoc Reporting
- Annual Statement support
- Provide quarterly files for Finance as needed by the CFO and directed by the Chief Actuary.
- Prepare, in conjunction with Business Analytics and with the direction of the Chief Actuary, analyses to Identify both poor and positive pockets of existing books of business
- Analysis of specific accounts in support of underwriting departments.
- Work with IT, Business Analytics and Executives to produce or analyze appropriate statistics and metrics
- Translate actuarial and analytical concepts to a broader, non-actuarial focused audience.
To be considered, applicants should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Must have Bachelor’s degree – Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Finance, or Economics preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Property Casualty Insurance
- Exam experience – two exams preferred. Achieving the ACAS or FCAS designations are not requirements for this position. Strong Excel skills a must
- SQL or similar skills a plus
- Must be effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Must be self-motivated, efficient, responsive to urgency
- Ability to work in a team environment