||Claim Specialist (Commercial Property)
RSUI is seeking an experienced Claim Specialist (Commercial Property) to provide specialized autonomous claims handling expertise for our Commercial Property line of business.
Responsibilites of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assertive daily handling of Property Claims associated with Property and Binding Authority Underwriting policies. When applicable, keeping reinsurers updated on developments which allow them to evaluate their exposures
- Provide appropriate reporting on files to the Unit Leader and/or Sr. Management with recommendations on reserving, plan of action, and current evaluation as required
- Act independently in evaluating claim exposures within assigned dollar authority
- Various other duties as assigned
To be considered, candidates should house the following qualifications:
- College degree or equivalent property claims experience
- Minimum of 3 years of property claims experience, including technical experience, claims handling practices, and practical knowledge of coverage and policy language.
- Adjusters license required.
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (telephone, e-mail and interpersonal)
- Excellent understanding and skill level of internal and external customer service
- Knowledge of specialized claim handling, policy interpretation-both standard forms and manuscript forms, damage assessment, expert selection and management, principles of investigation, adjustment documentation and evaluation of cases to determine effective
course of action
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word and Excel)