||Chief Claim Specialist (Excess Casualty)
RSUI is seeking an experienced Chief Claim Specialist to handle various Excess/Umbrella/Complex/Major Case claims. This individual provides a high level of specialized technical claim handling expertise with limited supervision, including analyzing coverage
issues and complex, high exposure claims.
Caseload includes environmental, chemical exposure, construction defect and other complex claims involving multiple timeframes and policy periods. Caseload includes complex coverage issues.
- Handles a designated segment of serious, complex, highly valued claims exposures reported to the claims unit
- Works in concert with the Unit Leader to plan and execute investigation, settlement negotiations, or sustain an appropriate denial governed by company guidelines
- Provides reporting on files to the Unit Leader and/or Sr. Management, as appropriate, recommending and/or confirming reserves, plan of action, and current evaluation as required
- Effectively deal with professionals, management, underwriters, attorneys, corporate insureds, sophisticated producers, and highly placed representative of other insurance companies, and company underwriters and other co-workers
- Exhibits integrity and trust
- In area of specialization, handles policy interpretation, coverage issues, statutes and state regulations, litigation management, conducting and guiding investigations, adjustments, file documentation, case negotiation and settlement and strategies
- Caseload includes complex coverage issues.
- College degree preferred, JD is a plus or equivalent multi-line, multi-jurisdictional, claims experience.
- A minimum of 10 years claim experience within specific line of business or specialty experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required (telephone, e-mail and interpersonal)
- Excellent customer focus
- Technical experience in law, coverage, claim procedures, claim handling, adjusting skills and negotiations.
- Adjuster’s licensed required
- Requires advanced interpersonal skills necessary to effectively deal with experienced professionals, management, underwriters, attorneys, corporate insured’s, sophisticated producers, and highly placed representative of other insurance companies, and company
underwriters and other co-workers
- Possesses an excellent in-depth, working knowledge in area of specialization including policy interpretation, coverage issue identification, statutes and state regulations, litigation management, and possesses excellent skills conducting and guiding investigations,
adjustments, file documentation, case negotiation and settlement steps and strategies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word and Excel)