RSUI is seeking a Business Data Analyst to work with the SVP of Analytics and Communications to implement a comprehensive, progressive analytics strategy. The Business Data Analyst will provide business insight and actionable analytics for all areas of
business (brokerage and binding, property and casualty). The role will require research into specific questions as well as investigative projects.
Specific responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitate an on-going initiative to capture, analyze, and leverage data to strengthen response to business initiatives.
- Liaison with other Analysts and IT members to make best use of appropriate technology, delivering effective solutions that meet or exceed business objectives.
- Interpret business questions, assess availability of data, test and analyze various statistical models, recommend approach, and present findings in an informative and / or actionable manner
- Provide business insight through the use of trend and regression analysis (all lines)
- Provide business insight through the use of predictive analytics (all lines as appropriate)
- Interact with analysts to address business and data questions
- Interact with actuaries to ensure rate adequacy
- Provide support for actuarial and catastrophe management initiatives
- Interact with IT to gain access and understanding of data infrastructure / architecture
- Establish and maintain a highly collaborative working relationship with individuals throughout the organization.
- Ad hoc analysis and other responsibilities as assigned
The role will requires a strong technical skillset as well as an interest in and ability to understand nuances of wholesale specialty insurance. The ideal candidate will have the ability to demonstrate and communicate to all levels of business how a various
statistical and predictive models can drive value.
To be considered, candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in math, statistics, finance, computer science, or related field
- 5+ years experience working with various statistical and predictive tools including but not limited to R, Python, SAS, Tableau and/or Power BI, etc.
- 5+ years experience working with of SQL Server (2012 and higher)
- 1-2 years of experience with property and casualty insurance a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Professional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Resourceful individual with the ability to interpret / translate both business needs and technical requirements.
- Strong customer-service mindset and team player with ability to see projects through from start to finish
- Able to set and follow timelines