RSUI is seeking an experienced Communications Specialist to work with the VP of Analytics and Communications to develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy. The Communications Specialist role will also write, create, and/or review content
for internal and external deliverables, including the company intranet, internet, printed materials, as well as variety of training materials, photos, and videos.
Specific responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitate the implementation of a comprehensive communication strategy that drives engagement for a variety of initiatives.
- Establish and maintain a highly collaborative working relationship with individuals throughout the organization.
- Liaison with IT members to make best use of appropriate technology, delivering effective communication solutions that meet or exceed business objectives.
- Develop and implement a process to regularly measure effectiveness of communication strategy.
- Positively and proactively promote RSUI’s culture, brand, and the individuality of its various business units.
- Ensure high quality and visually appealing content.
- Gather information and organize written content/data in a clear, concise manner.
- Make routine edits and proof read content.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate will exhibit their own creativity and initiative to address both ambiguous and direct tasks. They will be eager to complete all responsibilities, no matter how large or small.
To be considered, applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- 5+ years of progressive communications experience.
- Exceptional planning, project management, writing skills, and attention-to-detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization, influencing decisions with tact and confidence.
- Resourceful individual with the ability to interpret / translate both business needs and technical requirements.
- Strong customer-service mindset and ability to see projects through from start to finish.
- Able to set and follow timelines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Adobe Creative Cloud, and other related tools.