RSUI is seeking a talented and experienced Sr. Underwriter to perform a wide range of underwriting responsibilities within the Casualty (Umbrella) department.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Underwrite, service, and maintain a profitable book of casualty business.
- Determine and recommend acceptable pricing and terms, within underwriting authority, on new business and renewals.
- Stay current on competition, underwriting environment, and market conditions and share that knowledge within the department.
- Oversee the accuracy and timely issuance of quotes, binders, and policies.
- Monitor claims and loss experience.
- Maintain relationships with existing producers and assist in the development of new producers.
- Maintain a market presence locally and out of state.
- Assist in special projects and reports.
- Maintain an awareness and presence within the industry.
To be considered, applicants should have the following qualifications:
- College degree, industry designation, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years Casualty underwriting experience
- Strong math aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team oriented attitude and approach
- Ability to make decisions and demonstrate initiative
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Good negotiation skills