||Chief Claims Specialist I
RSUI is seeking a talented and experienced Chief Claim Specialist I to provide a high level of claim handling expertise in the handling of a diverse range of Professional Liability (E&O) and General Liability claims, to include Medical Professional
Liability, Agents and Brokers, Legal Malpractice and Architects and Engineers.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Requires strong technical and analytical skills coupled with above average communication abilities.
- Requires current knowledge of claim handling practices, coverage analysis, and principles of investigation, litigation management, adjustment documentation, and evaluation of cases.
- Works in concert with the Unit Leader to plan and executive investigation, settlement negotiations, or sustain an appropriate denial governed by company guidelines.
- Assertive daily handling of a high volume of claims including the managing of litigation and the recognition of diverse coverage issues.
- Provides appropriate reporting on files to the Unit Leader and/or Supervisor with recommendations on reserving, plan of action, and current evaluation as required.
- Acts independently in evaluating claim exposures within assigned dollar authority.
- Requires an excellent understanding and skill level of internal and external customer service.
To be considered, applicants should have the following qualifications:
- College degree or equivalent industry experience required.
- Requires a minimum of seven to ten years claim handling practices experience.
- Adjuster’s licenses required. Must be able to obtain and maintain the required Adjuster’s licenses.
- Excellent customer focus, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to draft coverage position letters and narrative reports requests for the approval of the Unit Leader.
- Possesses an excellent in-depth, practical working knowledge in area of specialization including policy interpretation, coverage issue identification, statutes and state regulations, litigation management, and possesses excellent skills conducting and guiding
investigation, adjustments, file documentation, case negotiation and settlement steps and strategies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Work and Excel)