||Travel and Events Planner
RSUI has a great opportunity available for a Travel and Events Planner. This position plans and executes a wide variety of marketing functions and initiatives with a heavy emphasis in the area of event planning and travel management as part
of a 3-person team.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, and executes various on- and off-site company events and activities, including, but not limited to, annual holiday party, employee family festival, department meetings, customer engagement events, and incentive trips.
- Oversees all travel requests and confirms correct booking information (flights, hotels, rental cars and car services).
- Serves as liaison between RSUI and vendors on event-related matters
- Prepares nametags, materials, gifts, registration lists, seating charts, etc.
- Reviews and approves monthly invoices for travel-related vendors (Delta, National, etc.).
- Conducts research and locates other necessary resources based on event requirements.
- Provides periodic progress reports to appropriate departmental contacts
- Negotiates vendor contracts, including venues, catering, décor, entertainment, and signage
- Proposes new ideas and creative solutions to improve the quality of company events and the efficiency of the overall event planning and implementation process
- Manages event finances through budgeting and proper reporting
- Designs and distributes promotional materials for events, as necessary.
- Attends events, as necessary, to facilitate their successful execution
To be considered, candidates should have the following qualifications:
- College degree or relevant business experience
- A minimum 4 years event planning experience, including large-scale events
- Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) preferred.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, creative, and energetic
- Customer service oriented and superior work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to anticipate needs, discern priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with external contacts and clients
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends for on-site and off-site events
- Some travel required (approximately 10%).
RSUI is a leading underwriter of wholesale specialty insurance. We work with insurance wholesalers to provide a wide range of insurance products, including property,
casualty, professional liability, and directors and officers liability coverage. In addition, our Binding Authority unit provides coverage through appointed Managing General Agents and our Alternative Structures unit considers unique risks that are outside
of our core product lines. RSUI provides insurance to thousands of companies nationwide.
With 25 years of commitment to wholesale specialty insurance, we are focused on service and underwriting integrity. By working with a select number of wholesale
producers and reinsurers, we are able to provide high levels of support and service–something critical to wholesalers' success.
Our underwriting expertise allows us to maintain our commitment to providing the right protection for businesses, giving them the confidence to achieve success.
With underwriting decisions made locally, we can quickly respond to our customer's needs.
RSUI is rated "A+ XIV" ("Superior") by A.M. Best and “A” by Standard and Poor’s. The Company is based in Atlanta, GA, with offices in Sherman Oaks, CA. RSUI is a
member of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC.