||Travel and Events Planner
RSUI has a great opportunity available for a Travel and Events Planner. This position plans and executes a wide variety of marketing functions and initiatives with a heavy emphasis in the area of event planning and travel management as part
of a 3-person team.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, and executes various on- and off-site company events and activities, including, but not limited to, annual holiday party, employee family festival, department meetings, customer engagement events, and incentive trips.
- Oversees all travel requests and confirms correct booking information (flights, hotels, rental cars and car services).
- Serves as liaison between RSUI and vendors on event-related matters
- Prepares nametags, materials, gifts, registration lists, seating charts, etc.
- Reviews and approves monthly invoices for travel-related vendors (Delta, National, etc.).
- Conducts research and locates other necessary resources based on event requirements.
- Provides periodic progress reports to appropriate departmental contacts
- Negotiates vendor contracts, including venues, catering, décor, entertainment, and signage
- Proposes new ideas and creative solutions to improve the quality of company events and the efficiency of the overall event planning and implementation process
- Manages event finances through budgeting and proper reporting
- Designs and distributes promotional materials for events, as necessary.
- Attends events, as necessary, to facilitate their successful execution
To be considered, candidates should have the following qualifications:
- College degree or relevant business experience
- A minimum 4 years event planning experience, including large-scale events
- Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) preferred.
- Prior experience with Cvent software strongly preferred
- Self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, creative, and energetic
- Customer service oriented and superior work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to anticipate needs, discern priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with external contacts and clients
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends for on-site and off-site events
- Some travel required (approximately 10%).