||Direct Sales Rep - New Hire
The Direct Sales Representative is responsible for acquiring new customers for a top telecommunications company in the region. RCN provides a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions, paid training, excellent benefit packages including 401k, generous paid
time off plans, mileage reimbursement and a company issued cell phone.
1. Execute sales strategy
2. Prospect, qualify and generate sales within assigned territory
3. Identify needs and sell appropriate product line to meet those needs
4. Respond to requests from customers for information
5. Meet prospective customers and establish relationship
6. Distribute marketing materials and participate in special sales events
7. Increase sales in respective territories
8. Prepare sales information for customers
9. Engage in technical discussions with potential customers through demonstrations and presentations
10. Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments within product/service line
11. Keeps sales management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of required/requested reports.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (required) Years of Relevant Experience: 1+ Core Competencies: 1. Basic Computer Skills (preferred). Particularly Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) 2. Sales or marketing background in the
telecommunications industry a plus. 3. Ability to work in a fast paced challenging environment. 4. Excellent communications, relationship building, organizational, presentation and influence skills are essential. 5. Strong executive presence and account/project
management skills preferred. 6. Valid Driving license and proof of insurance 7. Reliable Personal Transportation Functional Requirements: Lifting, carrying, walking long distances in all types of weather, standing for long periods of time, traveling the entire
RCN footprint as needed, use of both hands, use of fingers, near vision, far vision, heading (aid permitted), ability to make notes/write Mental Abilities: Ability to concentrate for long periods of time, ability to communicate concisely and understandably,
ability to shift priorities readily, ability to ask questions to gather information, ability to access circumstances/info and make sound decisions, ability to receive negative or emotion-laden feedback without reacting negatively or with emotion, ability to
access procedures and follow them, ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high degree of productivity, emotional and mental stability Environmental Conditions: Works outside, works inside, exposed to excessive heat or cold, excessive humidity/
dampness/chilling, slippery or uneven walking surfaces, working around moving objects or vehicles, working closely with others, working alone, irregular hours/rotation shifts/working weekend We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
||Send This Job to a Friend