||Hemodialysis In Center Registered Nurse
The Hemodialysis In Center Registered Nurse provides training and maintenance care for hemodialysis and/or peritoneal dialysis patients. The Nurse develops nursing care plans involving assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, training and education;
communicates with the physician and other members of the healthcare team to interpret, adjust, and complete patient care plans. The Hemodialysis In Center Registered Nurse is responsible for assisting and supporting the management team in achieving quality,
patient satisfaction, and staff development, business management as appropriate, teamwork, culture and employee satisfaction. He/she is also responsible for understanding, supporting, interpreting, and implementing the philosophy and policies of the corporation.We
are offering a SIGN ON BONUS for this opportunity!
The following list of responsibilities represents some of the main duties of the position. This list is not in any order of importance and should not be considered an exhaustive list of possible duties of the position. NxStage Kidney Care, Inc. maintains the
right to modify this list at any time. NxStage Kidney Care, Inc. is a full service hemodialysis center derived from NxStage Medical, Inc. With state of the art facilities, delivering top quality care to each of our patients is our purpose and passion. Practicing
the art of more frequent therapies, NxStage Kidney Care is enhancing the care available, empowering our customers to take control of their health, and leading the way for a new generation in dialysis care. Come be a part of our team during this exciting time!
• Ability to perform technical skills for preparation, operation and troubleshooting of dialysis machines
• Oversee dialysis water treatment system
• Assessment, documentation of pre and post dialysis patient
• Delivers age specific care to patients as prescribed and according to State Licensure
• Provides appropriate interventions per policy and procedure and findings
• Notifies physician as needed for orders and notifies physician of abnormal findings
• Obtains physician orders, enter orders in medical record
• Superior communication skills with patient, staff, family, and physicians
• Ability to initiate, monitor and terminate dialysis treatments per policy and procedure
• Performs vascular access care according to policy and procedure
• Ensures patient labs are ordered, drawn, and handled per policy and procedure
• Reviews lab results in timely manner and intervene appropriately
• Assist with coordination of daily patient schedule, and appointment times
• Prioritizes care both emergent and non emergent
• Administration and documentation of medications per physician orders and according to State Board of Nursing Practice
• Maintains a safe environment for patients, self and staff by following Universal Precautions
• Completes month nurses notes as assigned
• Formulation of Care Plan and works with IDT including patient, nurse, RD, MSW and MD
• Participates in management of anemia, adequacy, bone management, and vascular access management
• Committed to meeting corporate outcome goals
• Complete corporate initiatives as assigned , on time
• Administers, documents and tracks patient vaccinations
• Provides education to patients monthly and more often as needed
• Dialyzes isolation patients utilizing isolation precautions
• Performs and participates in all emergency procedures, drills, education, disaster planning
• Educates and encourage home therapy options and care of a transitional patient
• Assists in training and orientation of new and existing staff and acts as a resource for staff
• Reviews all treatment sheets for the day and ensures accuracy
• Communication with CD, MD, other staff
• Other duties as assigned
||Education & Qualifications:
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
• Current active RN state licensure
• Certification in Nephrology Nursing preferred
• Have at least 12 months of experience in clinical nursing, an additional 6 months of experience in providing nursing care to patients on maintenance dialysis.
• Current CPR Healthcare Recognition according to the American Heart Association desired.
• Computer skills and knowledge needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Desk duties, including computer keyboard operations
• Moderate active work, inducing occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing for considerable lengths of time, ability to perform patient care.
• Talking and listening to communicate ideas or requirements to individual staff members, and effectively educate patients.
• Visual acuity to prepare and read written material accurately.
• Audio acuity to listen attentively and accurately
NxStage Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend