||Administrative Assistant - 20 Hr a week Flexible Hours
||KC - Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant (AA) is responsible for providing support at the NxStage Kidney Care Center by maintaining organized records; coordinating information with the nursing team, dietician and social worker. He/she will help to manage and coordinate
billing services as well as hospital, laboratory and regulatory services. The AA will manage supplies and inventory to meet the patient and business needs.
The Administrative Assistant will assist and support the Management team in achieving quality patient care and satisfaction, staff development, business management, teamwork, culture and employee satisfaction. The AA will be expected to support the philosophy
and policies and procedures of the company.
• Front desk duties include interfacing with customers, patients, physicians and all guests.
• Coordinate and schedule appointments to meet all customer and staff needs.
• Answers telephones appropriately, accurately takes messages and promptly communicates to appropriate person any information received.
• Demonstrates applicable knowledge of policies and procedures related to position.
• Manages information utilizing appropriate manual or electronic systems as required.
• Maintains and updates all necessary records and reports, including the Renal Network data base – i.e., Crown Web; and NHSN (National Healthcare Safety Network) for CDC as well as any other reports deemed necessary.
• Accurately collects, prepares, verifies and maintains patient data entry.
• Completes verification of patient insurance and tracks active policies ongoing as required.
• Maintains confidentiality and completes documentation as required.
• Assists management team by typing, editing and distributing reports or memos as directed.
• Receives and sorts mail appropriately.
• Enters all billable services into EMR and other electronic system as required.
• Assumes responsibility for medical records by organizing and keeping the “Hard Charts” current and up to date according to policy.
• Maintains filing system for the Center.
• Prepares requisitions and labels for lab tests and procedures as requested.
• Prepares blood work tubes and labels, assists with centrifuging, packaging and arranging for pick-up as directed.
• Receives faxed copies of patient lab or procedure results and immediately communicates and delivers to appropriate staff.
• Responsible for all aspects of inventory management under the supervision of the Center Director. Maintains appropriate tracking system, files, PO’s, packing slips, and receipts as directed.
• Assists in arranging for appointments, referrals, vacation travel for patients as needed.
• Actively attends and participates in Center staff meetings and in-services as appropriate.
• Reports all safety concerns, incidents, complaints or problems to Center Director or designee per policy.
• Utilizes proper body mechanics to ensure safety for self and others.
• Assists in evacuation of patient and or guests in the event of an emergency or disaster.
• Deliver patient supplies and or equipment.
• Performs all duties as assigned to keep the Center functioning efficiently.
||PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Long periods of sitting at a desk performing light physical work, including working at a computer terminal.
• Light physical work involving lifting and carrying.
• Talking and listening to communicate ideas or requirements to individual staff members.
• Visual acuity to prepare and read written material accurately.
• Audio acuity to listen attentively and accurately.
• Ability to work overtime as needed to complete general responsibilities to meet the needs of the unit or corporation.
• Hand dexterity.
• Ability to travel when necessary to meet the needs of the unit and corporation.
Education & Qualifications:
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent
• Patient Care Technician Certified a plus
• Secretarial experience, preferably in a medical environment
• Computer skills, word processing, data entry
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Possess organizational skills and has ability to prioritize and work independently
• Valid driver’s license and insurance, when indicated/applicable for business travel
||Send This Job to a Friend