||Renal Dietitian - Per-Diem
The Renal Dietitian is a member of the interdisciplinary team and will provide nutrition education, counseling and interventions as appropriate, to End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) patients as appropriate to their disease states and therapies. This position is
The Renal Dietitian will also provide on-going education to the staff related to the renal diet.
• Supports Facility’s mission, goals and values.
• Performs and documents initial nutrition assessments on all newly-admitted ESRD patients;
• Performs follow up assessments and treatment plans per regulations.
• Collaborates with physician in determining nutrition needs and diet prescriptions for all ESRD patients including IDPN/IPN for PD patients and use of nutritional supplements for all patients.
• Monitors progress of all patients, including at least monthly review of blood chemistries, fluid status, and nutritional status, with interventions as needed, including adjustment of binders and/or calcium supplements and vitamin D analogs to provide optimum
• Educates patient and family/significant other on nutrition needs, meal planning, and community resources, as appropriate.
• Able to communicate treatment planning with Nursing Home Rehabilitation Hospitals.
• Participates in orientation of new dietitians as needed.
• Attends and participates in interdisciplinary facility patient team meetings, including, but not limited to, quality improvement, development of the patient’s plan of care, and team building and monthly staff meetings.
• Assists in coverage of Nutrition Services in cases of LOA, vacations, and census increase.
• Meets all State and Federal CMS requirements pertaining to the provision of nutrition services to ESRD patient. Supports any CMS/Network studies or data collection activities as needed.
• Participates in education programs at the facility and patient level.
• Plays a leadership role in the education of and implementation of the quality assessment and performance improvement (QAPI) processes.
• Participates in planning and education for the Pre-CKD educational classes.
• Participates in development of and execution of the facility’s operational plan.
• Responsible for self professional development and maintenance of necessary credentials.
||PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Long periods of sitting at a desk performing light physical work, including working at a computer terminal.
• Light physical work involving lifting and carrying.
• Talking and listening to communicate ideas or requirements to individual staff members and patients/families.
• Visual acuity to prepare and read written material accurately.
• Audio acuity to listen attentively and accurately.
• Ability to work overtime as needed to complete general responsibilities to meet the needs of the unit or corporation.
• Hand dexterity.
• Ability to travel when necessary to meet the needs of the patients, the unit and corporation.
Education & Qualifications:
• Must be a Registered Dietician as per Commission on Dietetic Registration.
• Dietician State licensure (LD).
• Minimum of one year experience in clinical nutrition as a registered dietitian.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Dialysis experience preferred.
• Able to perform responsibilities with minimum supervision.
• Qualifications should include leadership skills; organizational skills and good communication skills.
||Send This Job to a Friend