||R&D Engineering Co-op, Electrical
INVENT. IMPROVE. INSPIRE.
NxStage Medical is not your typical medical products company. We are a close-knit team of talented professionals driven by a shared commitment: to lead a movement to dramatically improve renal care with innovative yet simple therapeutic solutions that benefit
patients, caregivers, and society. We pursue this goal through a passionate commitment to Innovate, Educate and Advocate for the breakthroughs that are redefining renal care. Additionally, NxStage works in community with its customers, patients, industry partners,
and government leaders and agencies to realize the vision of better, simpler, more accessible renal care.
The co-op supports product or process development activities related to the development, design, research and manufacturing of NxStage Medical's new and existing products. As part of the R&D team, this involves participating in testing, design, building samples,
and other activities as needed by the project team. Co-ops may be part of the system engineering, hardware mechanical engineering, or disposables engineering team.
• Participate in design or development of new medical equipment and/or upgrades to existing products.
• Assist with major projects, or phases of projects, to resolve advanced and complex technical problems
• Ensure all design activities conform to design controls; and that all analysis, design and testing activities are properly documented.
• Participate in activities to ensure design and process shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed.
• Assist the product development team in the adoption and use of best practices and design methodologies.
• Debug and develop reliability improvements for existing products and products under development.
• Provide technical support for product engineering, design development, integration, test and evaluation.
• Investigate the feasibility of new projects, systems or approaches.
• Learn about and work in ways that are compliant with internal and external standards, good manufacturing practices, and quality system regulations.
• Candidate for BS or MS in Electrical, or Computer Engineering.
• Entry level understanding of product and process development of medical devices is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of schematic capture and printed circuit board software tools.
• Familiarity with analog, digital and microprocessor circuitry.
• Beginning understanding of system design, electronics, mechanical and software integration and manufacturing processes.
• Has a constructive approach teamwork and collaboration.
• Demonstrated interest in medical device or pharmaceutical industries.
• Excellent technical communication skills and attention to detail, including creating and editing technical procedures, protocols, and reports.
• Commitment to performing all tasks with quality and integrity
||Send This Job to a Friend