The incumbent will support product development activities related to the design and documentation of NxStage Medical products and processes. This includes maintaining the CAD system, supporting document control, Manufacturing and Quality Engineering.
• Conduct mechanical and electro-mechanical design activities in support of NxStage products and processes
• Maintain CAD system
• Design and documentation support for product development and manufacturing.
• Complete design and documentation for all NxStage Medical products.
• Support of document control as required.
• Provide tolerance and functional analysis for all NxStage Medical products.
• Rapid design of prototypes as required.
• Interface with vendors to insure rapid delivery of prototypes.
• Develop images as required by engineering, marketing and others.
• Participate in and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives, especially in area of product design.
• Initiate Engineering Change Orders as required.
• Bachelors Degree is preferred (Mechanical/Biomedical).
• 5+ years of progressive experience in all phases of product development of medical devices.
• Understanding of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical principles as they apply to machine design.
• An expert on 3D Solid modeling systems.
• An expert in CAD system Maintenance and Model / Drawing control
• Familiar with fabrication methods and the ability to interface with vendors.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
• Experience in process and product development of medical devices is preferred.
• Working knowledge of GMPs and QSR is preferred.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
||Send This Job to a Friend