||R&D Engineering Co-op, Human Factors/Usability Engineering
The co-op supports product or process development activities related to the development, design, research and manufacturing of NxStage Medical's new and existing products. As part of the R&D team, this involves participating in research, testing, documenting
activities, building samples, and other activities as needed by the project team. This position will support the Human Factors and Usability engineering team.
· Participate in the development of new medical equipment or disposables and/or upgrades to existing products.
· Assist with major projects, or phases of projects, to resolve advanced and complex technical problems
· Support Human Factors and Usability Engineering to develop and write Human-Systems Interaction technical documentation, make revisions to existing documentation, and provide input to technical analyses, as assigned.
· Create, organize, and sort data via spreadsheet management tools.
· Assist with prototyping (mechanical or software prototypes) as needed.
· Prepare and organize for user evaluations, including documenting observations/data from user evaluations, as required.
· Advocate for the voice of the user, but also consider technical limitations to ensure recommended designs are usable, feasible and scalable
· Ensure all design activities conform to design controls; and that all analysis, design and testing activities are properly documented.
· Participate in activities to ensure design and process shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed.
· Provide technical support for product engineering, design development, integration, test and evaluation.
· Assist the product development team in the adoption and use of best practices and design methodologies.
· Learn about and work in ways that are compliant with internal and external standards, good manufacturing practices, and quality system regulations.
· Candidate for BS or MS in Industrial, Systems, Biomedical, Human Factors/Usability, System Safety Engineering, or Human-Centered Design and Engineering, Kinesiology/Biomechanics, or Engineering Psychology.
· At minimum, completed Sophomore year of Bachelors degree in relevant discipline.
· Entry level understanding of product and process development of medical devices is preferred.
· Beginning understanding of system design, electronics, mechanical and software integration and manufacturing processes.
· Excellent technical communication skills and attention to detail, including creating and editing technical research, analyses, protocols, and reports.
· Excellent attention to detail and organization skills, including creating databases and mining large sources of data; expert at spreadsheet management
· Basic understanding of task analyses, usability testing and iterative development process is a plus.
· Basic knowledge of rapid prototyping process; CAD experience is a plus.
· Basic understanding of risk analysis is a plus.
· Has a constructive approach; enjoys teamwork and collaboration.
· Commitment to performing all tasks with quality and integrity.
· Demonstrated interest in medical device or pharmaceutical industries.
||Send This Job to a Friend