||Engineering Technician III
This individual will support engineers in the development of new products and implementation of enhancements / improvements for existing products. Engineering Technician III’s will independently fabricate and assemble NxStage devices and equipment prototypes
from blueprints, schematics, or sketches, and will perform inspection and testing activities to evaluate product conformance with requirements. Engineering Technician III’s will provide direction and mentorship to lower level Technicians.
• Work collaboratively to support Product Development and Quality Engineers.
• Perform advanced non-reoccurring analysis and testing of NxStage products.
• Troubleshoot product designs and recommend specific improvements.
• Execute complex validation protocols and conduct a broad range of advanced functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production models.
• Record complex data and summarize; present results, draw conclusions, and make recommendations for value added improvements.
• Perform advanced root cause and failure analysis as required.
• Assemble complex NxStage products and/or equipment as required.
• Conceptualize and develop test fixtures.
• Assess complex customer returns to determine failure modes and identify root causes.
• Investigate unique manufacturing problems and product complaints.
• Review Device History Records and provide recommendations to support efficient product releases.
• Provide creative ideas and recommendations to enhance Document Control processes.
• May be required to track calibrations and/or quality system performance.
• Inspect and test product components to ensure compliance to specifications and applicable standards.
• Perform a broad range of audits and tests of products in accordance with test plans and procedures.
• Debug and characterize complex product defects.
• Develop and maintain documentation of testing; report results. Recommend changes to test protocols, as appropriate.
• Identify actual or potential problems in test procedures or company products. Make recommendations for corrective action.
• Replicate and diagnose product failures.
• May be required to administer or maintain software programs used by the team.
• Carry out other duties as assigned
• Trade school, technical training and/or technical certification; technical undergraduate degree is preferred.
• 7+ years’ experience supporting technical or engineering functions
• Demonstrated knowledge of engineering processes and controls.
• 5+ years’ experience troubleshooting technical problems.
• Demonstrated ability to work on projects and meet required timelines.
• 5+ experience in testing, calibration, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of moderately complex electro-mechanical and/or software devices.
• Advanced knowledge of medical device-related development and V&V processes.
• Demonstrated organizational and follow-up skills.
• Previous experience teaming with multiple groups in an organization to resolve complex issues.
• Positive and optimistic attitude.
• Previous experience using common hand and power-assisted assembly tools.
• Proven competency in a wide range of Computer applications.
Core Skills (for Electrical Technician III):
• Good understanding of analog & digital circuits and active discrete devices.
• Experience with OrCad Capture & Allegro.
• Proficiency with Agile DCO/ECO process related to all forms of electrical design documentation.
• Capable of performing surface mount component rework.
||Send This Job to a Friend