||Sr. Software Engineer - CANopen
||Sr. Software Engineer – New Product Development
This Sr. Software Engineer will play a key role in the software design, development, testing, and support of next generation dialysis instruments at NxStage Medical. They will be collaborating with a diverse team of engineers and work in a dynamic and fast-paced
environment. The ideal candidate will contribute at both the implementation and design levels, exhibiting outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
● Design and implement software for embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial launch
● Design, develop, code, test, and debug system software following internal design control SOPs
● Collaborate with a diverse team of engineers to solve complex problems
● Conduct code reviews, create and maintain requirements and specification documents
● Create and execute unit tests as part of software validation efforts
● Provide technical leadership for product design, development, integration, testing, and reliability improvements
● Support software Quality Assurance to meet the requirements of our internal Quality System, including specific requirements of GMPs, FDA QSR, IEC 62304, and ISO 9001 standards
● Support other software develop areas, including embedded processing / driver development, GUI development, algorithm development & implementation, alarm handling, and connectivity
● Drive process and standards improvement efforts, provide mentoring to other software engineers
||Education & Qualification:
● BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent in a technical/scientific field
● 5+ years of relevant software product development experience
● Expert in C, C++ software development
● A solid understanding of embedded software, including: CANopen, Qt, Windows, Linux
● Medical device or other safety critical device development is a plus.
● Familiarity with FDA and international software development guidelines and standards is a plus.
● Strong knowledge of project lifecycles, software development environments, and source control techniques
● Experience with automated software testing
● Previous experience designing and troubleshooting circuit boards, board bring-up including hands-on troubleshooting (e.g., oscilloscope, logic analyzer)
● Comfortable working with electronics schematics
● Experience writing control loops, algorithm development
● FPGA/CPLD programming experience
NxStage Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend