||Sr. Project Manager – Application Software
The Senior Project Manager – Application Software will be responsible for leading highly technical software development projects relating to current and/or future NxStage products. This person must have prior experience managing projects involving web and application software using a structured product development process in a regulated environment.
• Oversee the activities of a 3-5 person team on a daily basis
• Lead project meetings and report on project status and schedules
• Refine / complete software requirements; collaborate with product management, software quality and engineering teams to ensure that requirements reflect design intent
• Refine / complete software development plans to meet overall program schedule objectives
• Negotiate in a way that creates partnerships
• Work in partnership with other colleagues, within and outside the project team
• Lead / participate in formal stage-gate design reviews
• Collaborate with SQA team to develop V&V test plans / protocols, etc.
• Ensure adherence to and compliance with organizational policies, guidelines, and objectives
• Participate in peer code reviews, use-case testing, debug, etc.
• Approach roadblocks as something to overcome, identify alternatives and recommend solutions
• Field escalations from technical support and funnel to lead developer when appropriate
||Skills & Experience:
• Prior experience in a Software functional and/or technical project leadership role required
• Must be knowledgeable / experienced in all aspects of applicable medical device software development standards and processes
• Strong application programming skills & experience preferred
• Strong diagnostic & problem-solving skills desired, including root cause analysis and troubleshooting
• Familiarity with source control, version management, and configuration management practices desired
• Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Experience maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information
• Excellent people management and collaboration skills required
Education & Qualifications:
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar relevant discipline; Master’s degree strongly preferred
• 10+ years of experience in increasingly responsible positions
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
||Send This Job to a Friend