||Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
The candidate will participate in product development activities related to the design, development, testing, and/or support of software for NxStage Medical’s products.
The following represents some of the main responsibilities of the position. This list is not in any order of importance and should not be considered an exhaustive list of possible duties of the position. NxSTAGE Medical, Inc. maintains the right to modify this
list at any time.
● Develop software in multiple levels / areas, including embedded processing / driver development, GUI development, algorithm development & implementation, alarm handling, connectivity, etc.
● Create requirements and specification documents.
● Create and execute unit tests as part of software validation efforts.
● Participate in multidisciplinary teams, including pairing with other engineers to solve complex problems.
● Investigate the feasibility of new projects, systems, or approaches.
● Apply state-of-the-art methods in creating software systems for NxStage products; develop improvements to existing designs.
● Apply the principles of software configuration management, software life cycle, and software maintainability
● Provide technical support for product research, design & development, integration, and testing.
● Create product use cases, story boards, and interaction process flows; develop software architecture and code to support user interactions.
● Support usability testing and human factors engineering, including working with customers to create and refine robust user interfaces.
● Assist in debugging existing designs and in developing reliability improvements for the same.
● Follow Design Control SOPs for projects and programs, including following the software development lifecycle.
● Work with Quality Assurance to meet the requirements of our internal Quality System, including specific requirements of GMPs, FDA QSR, relevant IEC standards, and ISO 9001.
||Education & Qualification:
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience, MS preferred
● 5+ years of experience in software product engineering and development.
● Ability to work independently or in small teams
● Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
● C and/or C++ Language Skills.
● Experience with Linux and/or QT development
● Advanced analytical and design skills.
● Strong knowledge of project lifecycles, software development environments, and source control techniques.
● Experience with and knowledge pertaining to Real Time Operating Systems.
● Experience writing embedded device drivers.
● Experience developing and debugging software on embedded processors utilizing JTAG or similar debugging tools.
• Practical, implementation-level understanding of electrical sub-systems
• Experience in a multi-disciplinary team development environment, strong written and verbal communication skills
• Medical device experience a strong plus, including familiarity with FDA Software Development Guidelines, or other safety critical device development experience
||Send This Job to a Friend