||Electrical Engineering Technician
The R&D Engineering Technician III is part of the system, mechanical, or disposables engineering team, and works with product development engineers in the development and testing of new and existing NxStage products. This includes the repair and handling of
NxStage R&D product systems along with testing and evaluation of product performance.
• Executes validation protocols and performs functional testing under the direction of an Engineer.
• Analyze and effectively present technical information. Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Ability to generate documents such as work instructions, test procedures and test reports.
• Repairs and maintains medical device equipment using hand tools, power tools, & precision measuring and testing instruments. Expert ability in testing, calibration, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of complex medical equipment.
• Assists product development in the diagnosis and replication of product failures.
• Able to execute test and debug procedures to troubleshoot electrical sub-assemblies, including use of: oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters and programmable power supplies.
• Perform reliability testing on various NxStage products, record data and summarize results.
• Participate in continuous improvement activities including fixture development and process improvement.
• Manage configuration and status of R&D assets, including prototype equipment and test fixtures.
• Comprehensive documentation of work done in laboratory to build, modify, repair, or test in appropriate data sheet, lab notebook, device history record, etc. compliant with Good Documentation Practices.
• Provides training and oversight of other laboratory users when necessary, and supports orderly and safe operation of the R&D laboratory and storage spaces in partnership with Laboratory Manager.
||• An associate’s or technical degree is preferred
• 5+ years experience
• Exceptional troubleshooting ability
• Exceptional customer relation skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects and meet required timelines
• Good organizational and follow-up skills
• Ability to interface with multiple groups in the organization to resolve service issues
• Overall positive and optimistic attitude
• Must possess the ability to use various common hand and power assisted assembly tools.
• Strong Computer skills
• Ability to lift heavy objects and work in areas not necessarily optimized for service activity
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend