||Grind product to customer specification, utilizing hand held grinding and finishing equipment based on specification.
||• Grind any product that is fabricated and requires welds to be ground smooth.
• Know and understand the principles of all aspects of grinding and finishing required for the powder to cover without leaving blemishes thru the paint.
• Produce top quality product to the production and quality requirements.
• Reading and interrupting shop drawings and using location aids or fixture are also required.
• The use of measuring instruments such as a square, a protractor, a tape measure, and calipers are required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Vocational school (body work) (A. A.) or equivalent, or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL COMMPETENCIES:
• Builds Strategic Working Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Builds Trust – Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
• Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities, compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is
consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences
• Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
• Customer focus - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
INTERMEDIATE SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts
such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
INTERMEDIATE SKILLS: Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk: use hands to finger, handle, or feel and to talk and or hear
• The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• The hand tools require gripping and twisting and turning to complete task, as well as vibrate during use.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
• The noise level in the environment is usually loud.
This job description is provided for general informational purposes and should not be considered a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required by the employee.
||Send This Job to a Friend