||LSI is seeking a seasoned Sr. Design Engineer with Indoor lighting fixture experience to playa critical, leading role in the development 01 commercial lighting products that will directly impact lhe growth and performance of our company. In this role,
the Sr. Mechanical Engineer will drive lhe concept, mechanical design and development of next generation LED lighting products.
The Sr. Design Engineer will have strong and effective communications skills to coordinate with cross-functional teams to meet aggressive performance, cost and schedule goals. These communication skills will be critical when interacting with management and
outside resources for tooling, prototyping, and testing of new fixtures and concepts.
The Sr. Design Engineer will be participating in a fast•paced lighting fixture development cycle to solve unique lighting industry challenges to achieve accelerated implementation of new product designs, while also conlorming to all regulatory requirements.
This position will have project leadership responsibilities and as necessary interface with other personnel in engineering, product management, sourcing, suppliers, operations and others when additional support is needed.
This position will report to the Engineering Manager and will routinely interact with Product Management and the Sr. Project Manager to identify product needs and compliance to project deliverables. Experience with product development In a LEAN process driven
environment Is a must. The Sr. Design Engineer must have an analytical process•driven approach to design with a high attenlfon to detail. The ability to manage projects effectively, demonstrate self-directed leadership, and a willingness to Interact as a team
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated solid understanding of design for various manufacturing processes including sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, extrusion, and die•casting. A working knowledge of LED lighting systems, a passion for design, and
an eye for aesthetics and quality are a must for the successful candidate
• Product design, part detailing, prototype procurement for luminaires from preliminary concept through implementation into manufacturing for LED products. The Sr. Design Engineer will be expected to work an both new product concepts as well as retinements
to existing product lines.
• Work with stakeholders to ensure that final product design meets all photometric, aesthetic. optical, UL, electrical. mechanical, cost and safety requirements.
• Design simulations (oplical, thermal) to provide early proof of concept for designs
• Prototypes of parts and assemblies to show form, fit and function
• Design risk assessments, mitigation plans, development lessons learned
• 20 prints and BOM, with assembly process documentation
• Lead design reviews and phasegate reviews on product development with an emphasis on safety, quality, budget and schedule
• Conduct Design FMEA's
• Conduct validation testing to demonstrate design conformance
• Keep up-to-date on state-of•the art technologies
• Technical support for production issues debug and resolution
||• BS in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design.
• 7+ years' experience in mechanical systems design
• 4+ years' experience In LED lighting fixture deSign
• Proficiency with CAD (Inventor, ProlE, Solidworks, etc)
• Experience with optical simulation using Photopia and AGi32 (Desired)
• Working knowledge of circuits, power supplies and LED's
• Experience with UL certification process and applicable safety standards
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
||Send This Job to a Friend