||New Business Manager
||The LSI Business System Manager is responsible for supporting the LSI Lean Transformation program in the organization. This includes planning, implementation and follow-through of Lean continuous improvement initiatives established within the company’s
Lean operating model and under the direction of the Executive Vice President Specialty Operations. This individual will be responsible for independently leading and managing a wide range of Lean activities throughout LSI to identify and eliminate waste primarily
focused on internal systems and processes.
This is a unique opportunity with high visibility and a career path within a company that is early in their lean journey. This position requires a high energy; self-starter who is lean Sigma trained and is a certified Black Belt, and has grown in their career
to be responsible for operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Use Lean Manufacturing concepts to eliminate waste within the value streams and improve overall product quality, manufacturing capability, supply chain design, and process control.
• Facilitate assigned Kaizen and Lean events with associates, customers and suppliers, with a major emphasis on process improvements.
• Provide leadership support required to sustain the Lean improvements established during the Kaizen events.
• Coordinate, assist and deliver team-based and LSI Manufacturing Business System training to support enhanced organizational performance through imparting a thorough knowledge of team and Lean concepts, principles, and practices.
• Work with various functions throughout the corporation to assure consistency with Lean deployment.
• Generate Lean Communications highlighting progress and success stories.
• Support continued implementation of Visual Management Systems, associated departmental KPI’s.
• Monitor, grade, and coach development of departmental Visual Management Boards.
• Assist Lean Coordinators and Team Leaders in team skill and knowledge development to support management goals, project management, process improvements, results measurements, problem solving, and related team skills.
• Support standardized formats for various LSI locations to use Lean tools/processes focusing on the Lean techniques. Identify opportunities for improvements.
• Assist in the collection and analysis of data for tracking improvements.
• Coordinate with resource departments to fabricate, install and implement improvements.
• Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards.
• Performs other tasks as required to meet internal and external customer expectations.
||• 4 Year technical degree or equivalent proven experience.
• Lean Sigma training from a recognized provider is required.
• Black Belt Certification from a recognized provider is highly desired. SME’s Lean Black Belt Certification is a plus.
• At least five or more years of direct manufacturing related work experience focused in office area and general business process improvements.
• Prior experience in Manufacturing (metal fabrication, electronics, and assembly), Finance, Sourcing, Materials, Sales, Warranty, and Customer Service highly desirable.
• Previous experience working within a highly standardized lean environment.
• Lean experience in a Lighting Company is highly desirable.
||Send This Job to a Friend