||Senior Applications Spec
||PURPOSE: To advise and direct development of world-class business processes through the use of the enterprise-wide application software. Includes add-on software that interfaces directly with core business systems, or software that supports business requirements
as defined by management.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing day-to-day support as well as long-term design and direction of business applications, chiefly JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. Frequent communication with business process owners to identify application needs, define requirements,
plan, and implement changes to support those needs according to business priorities established by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide the functional direction for the most significant and complex business systems, and promote knowledge transfer to other staff members and business users
• Cooperatively interact with peers, subordinates, managers, and users to assist in defining corporate requirements for integrated business processes and system solutions.
• Maintain high competence within area of expertise, both in technical skills and business skills
• Train, support, and provide direction to any Business Analysis working under their direction.
• Support users with daily process issues; effectively communicate status and resolution to appropriate personnel; maintain documentation
• Translate corporate requirements into system processes or specifications for developers.
• Complete system setup, testing, documentation, training, and implementing of both standard and custom functionality, including installation of ESUs and upgrades.
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the ERP Business system in accordance with agreed to security and user procedures.
• Identify deficiencies in business systems and recommends solutions/improvements
• Provide after-hours application support as needed
• Travel as required to support relevant activities at various LSI locations.
||Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities::
• Experienced in Chart of Account structures and use of General Ledger category codes to build reporting structures
• User experience with General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets
• System configuration to support business requirements using tools appropriate to the LSI environment (e.g. OMW; HTML Pages, Versions (UBE/Interactive Applications), UDC, AAI, Order Activity Rules, Preference Profiles)
• Analyze, define, and develop technical programming specifications for application enhancements and development, including testing and implementation with end users.
• Process documentation, user training, and daily user problem resolution
DIFFERENTIATING SKILLS: The following skills and knowledge will serve to distinguish a candidate for this position.
• General knowledge of financial topics (e.g. FASB/IASB revenue recognition)
• General knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
• Vertex sales tax and reporting software
• Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
• ACH configuration and operation
• Familiarity with Concur expense reporting
• Familiarity with Hubble’s Insight Report Writer
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University, or five years related experience and/or training with ERP Business systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
||Send This Job to a Friend