||Lean Transformation BB
||The LSI System Black Belt is responsible for supporting the LSI Lean Transformation program in the organization. This includes planning, implementation and follow-through of Lean continuous improvement initiatives established within the company’s Lean
operating model and under the direction of the LSI Lean Transformation Black Belt. This individual will be responsible for independently leading a wide range of Lean activities to include rolling out the LSI Lean Manufacturing System at our various plants
to improve on-time delivery, productivity, quality, cost, safety and environmental performance.
This is a unique opportunity with high visibility and a career path within a company that is just starting a lean manufacturing system. This position requires a high energy; self-starter who is lean Sigma trained and is a certified Black Belt or has the demonstrated
expertise and experience equivalent.
||• Use Lean Manufacturing concepts to eliminate waste within the value streams and improve overall product quality, manufacturing capability, and process control.
• Facilitate assigned Kaizen and Lean manufacturing related events with associates, customers and suppliers, with a major emphasis on manufacturing focused improvement.
• Provide leadership support required to sustain the Lean improvements established during the Kaizen events.
• Coordinate, assist and deliver team-based and LSI Manufacturing Business System training to support enhanced organizational performance through imparting a thorough knowledge of team and Lean concepts, principles, and practices.
• Assist in the development of manufacturing processes. This work includes developing standard work, work instructions, cell layout, material presentation, control plans, etc.
• Work with various functions throughout the corporation to assure consistency with Lean deployment.
• Generate Lean Communications highlighting progress and success stories.
• Assist Lean Coordinators and Team Leaders in team skill and knowledge development to support meeting management goals, project management, improvements, results measurements, problem solving, and related team skills.
• Support in the development of standard formats for all factories to use Lean tools/processes focusing on the perfection of Lean techniques. Identify opportunities for improvements.
• Assist in the collection and analysis of data for tracking improvements.
• Coordinate with resource departments to fabricate, install and implement improvements.
• Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards.
• Performs other tasks as required to meet internal and external customer expectations.
• 4 Year technical degree or equivalent proven experience.
• Lean Sigma training from a recognized provider is required.
• Black Belt Certification from a recognized provider is highly desired. SME’s Lean Black Belt Certification is a plus.
• At least three or more years of manufacturing related work experience focused in providing support and developing change.
• Previous experience working within a highly standardized lean environment.
• Lean experience in a Lighting Company, i.e., Acuity; is highly desirable.
• Detail oriented with excellent computer skills (i.e. MS Excel, Word, Adobe and Power Point).
• Demonstrated problem solving experience.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• Compliance with required work expectations.
• Complete required training and applied work requirements to achieve a Lean Black Belt Level proficiency and certification.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
• Builds Strategic Working Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Builds Trust – Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
• Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities, compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is
consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences
• Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
• Customer focus - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
__X__Level 6: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability
to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
__X__Level 5 _ Very High Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability
and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
__X__Level 5 _ Very High Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Black Belt Certification is required.
SME’s Lean Black Belt Certification is a plus.
||Send This Job to a Friend