Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Submit Your Resume
Edit Your Profile
Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) Engagement Manager (Contract)
Harvard Business Publishing is an idea-driven company with a commitment to improving the practice of management. We're a wholly owned subsidiary of Harvard University serving customers across three primary markets: educational institutions, corporations, and individual managers.
The HMM Engagement Manager is a key member of the Harvard Business Publishing team, leading client implementations of our flagship eLearing product, Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) as well as blended leadership development programs for some of the world’s leading companies. The Engagement Manager works closely with our clients, educators, moderators, and colleagues, and is responsible for all aspects of implementation, program management, client relationship management, and client satisfaction. Our offerings and leadership development programs are best-in-class, and we expect our Engagement Managers to be, too. This role will report to the Corporate Learning Senior Engagement Manager who is responsible for the HMM Service Line.
The Engagement Manager owns the entire delivery process for a portfolio of clients, with engagements lasting from several weeks to six months or longer. This role requires a variety of skills. The Engagement Manager must be able to guide clients through the decision making process in setting up their instance of HMM and interact with HBP’s technology resources to convey client requirements, while being able to identify out-of-scope issues and communicating those to the client. The role also requires the Engagement Manager to lead complex projects that include managing budgets and multiple resources. This position is ideal for an experienced project or program manager, someone with a background in management and leadership development, who has led client engagements in an executive education department or professional services firm, and who is knowledgeable and savvy about web-based eLearning technologies.
Successful Engagement Managers are team players, have a highly consultative approach to client service, flexibility, proven project management ability, and an interest in adult learning, the practice of management and technology-based learning. Due to the global nature of our client base, this role is best suited to someone who has availability both during and outside normal working hours.
Product Implementation; Program and Event Management:
o Manage assigned client projects and maintain high quality delivery of eLearning software and leadership development programs on-time and on-budget.
o Manage and/or complete the technical configuration and quality assurance process for new HMM clients
o Lead the design and delivery of blended leadership development programs, managing HBP full-time and contract resources including program coordinators, event coordinators and moderators
o Overall responsibility for delivery of live events that are part of the blended programs
Client Relationship Management:
o Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the client project team and sponsors.
o Collaborate and build strong working relationships with different parts of the business.
o Carry out the program metrics and evaluation plan.
o Manage scope creep and other program risks; anticipate and address issues before they occur.
o Special projects as required to conduct the Delivery and Corporate Learning business
• 7+ years of experience in client-facing project management in an educational environment or professional services firm.
• Proven success managing complex projects on-time and on- or below-budget.
• Experience with elearning technology implementations
• Strong organizational skills required. Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet competing deadlines with available resources.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including being a confident and comfortable presenter to small and large groups
• Proficiency required with MS office products such as MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
• Experience with collaborative technologies such as WebEx.
• Strong business acumen skills. Relationship-oriented. Customer-focused. Willing to go the extra mile to delight clients.
• Highly motivated and with excellent follow-through, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, team player, and comfort working across cultures with clients around the globe.
• A genuine interest in adult education and management development fields.
• Demonstrates responsibility in a self-directed manner.
• Maintains a professional telecommuting work environment including high-speed broadband Internet connection and appropriate atmosphere to work remotely as needed and communicate with clients and colleagues.
Send This Job to a Friend
Harvard Business School