||DI SCHEDULING COORDINATOR
||• The DI Scheduling Coordinator must have an in depth knowledge of all procedures performed within the Diagnostic Imaging (DI) department and understand the complex scheduling issues involved.
• Maintains schedules, in CWS, of all resources required for the various interventional procedures. This includes interventional radiologist, nurse, technologist, appropriate modality, supplies and equipment.
• Serves as a liaison between the referring physician, interventional radiologist and the patient.
• Ensures that all procedures are scheduled appropriately, pre-procedure testing completed, all required pre-authorization obtained as determined by the patients’ health insurance coverage and relevant prior studies available for the radiologist to review.
• Obtains scripts for all out-patient procedures, verifying accuracy of request and confirming that compliance has been met.
• Demonstrates skills in communication and prioritizing of assignments.
• Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain a collaborative working relationship with all system departments, the medical staff, physician practices and other health care professionals at Thompson Health.
• Exhibits time management skills, keyboarding skills and multi-tasking abilities to assure business components of the department are maintained at an efficient and effective level.
• Makes every effort to satisfy the needs of every customer in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
• Live the CARES values at all time.