This is a full time opportunity, Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm. The Patient Care Coordinator delivers superior customer service while receiving and processing referrals initiated at the customer care center point of entry for Lifetime Care. Performs all
functions that facilitate the efficient processing of referrals and promotes overall patient satisfaction with Lifetime Care Home Health and Hospice Services.
• Screens all inquiries from referral sources (hospitals, physicians, clinics, patients/family members, etc.) and provides accurate and reliable information regarding the criteria for admission to home health care/hospice services.
• Responds knowledgeably and professionally to inquiries regarding Lifetime Care Home Health and Hospice services and programs.
• Obtains necessary patient specific information at the time of referral to maximize the potential that patient will meet admission criteria.
• Appropriately and accurately inputs admission data and completes referral and coordinates service requests with a focus on the patients’ care needs and to assure a timely admission to service.
• Obtains required billing information to process verification and billing authorization and generates physician orders.
• Understands and utilizes Medicare home care guidelines in establishing home care referrals.
• Coordinates all patient specific needs; i.e., scripts to vendor for IV needs, DME Requests or other tasks as assigned.
• Answers calls and obtains pertinent information to quickly and accurately identify and assess caller’s needs and determine action steps to satisfy those needs or to resolve basic types of customer service inquiries.
• Projects patience, empathy, caring and sincerity when answering phones and ends all calls with “Is there anything else I can do for you today”.
• Collects, documents and provides reports of required data,
• Builds and maintains productive working relationships with all internal and external customers.
• Provides assistance when needed with referral process for Home Care Coordinators.
• Provides back up and support for all special assignments or tasks assigned to other Patient Care Coordinators.
• Assists with special projects, activities.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Co-signs verbal orders (received from physicians) submitted by LPN level Patient Care Coordinators.