||Home Health Aide Trainee - Up to $500 Bonus*
Lifetime Care is pleased to announce our OCTOBER Home Health Aide Training Program Class Dates. Classes held in our Rochester/Henrietta office. Our Training Classes are available for those who demostrate a commitment to working for Lifetime Care/Home
Care Plus after graduating from the Class. Upon successful graduation from training a job offer may be given.
An interview, background checks and references, pre-training physical exam and drug test are required prior to consideration for admittance to the HHA Training Class.
Future Dates of Classes are:
- OCTOBER 9-20 8:15am-4:15pm Monday - Friday
- OCTOBER 23-26 7:30am-4:15pm For Clinical Practice
NOTE: Must be available to attend all of the classes as outlined above from 8:15AM to 4:15PM and an OFFSITE Clinical Practice Training starting at 7:30AM.
SUMMARY: While following an individualized patient Care Plan as prescribed and ordered by a physician, Home Health Aides provide quality care to home-bound individuals requiring assistance with personal care and home support services. Assists
with the physical/personal care of the individual to restore the activities of daily living. Home Health Aides maintain and record/write accurate patient records.
- Observing and recording/documenting patient’s care, symptoms, emotional and physical status (vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and intake/output).
- Providing personal care assistance and home support services while supporting the patient's physical and emotional well-being. This will include assisting with morning care, evening care, toileting, bathing, and more.
- Maintaining a safe/hazard free and clean environment.
- Proper hand washing technique.
- Planning and preparing meals.
- Safe and proper patient transfering; including safe operation of Hoyer Lift and other equipment.
- Completing required paperwork according to established company policies.
- Reporting pertinent observations and significant changes in patient’s condition to Registered Nurse.
- Assisting with medications which are ordinarily self-administered and which a physician has prescribed.
- Supportive activities participation (to ensure maximum patient independence within their own residence).
- Maintains high regard for patient and family privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and the HIPAA.
Eligibility Criteria for HCP Employment as a Certified Home Health Aide:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must possess evidence of successful Certified HHA Class completion.
- Must have the ability to independently read, write, understand, and carry out directions or instructions and maintain simple records.
- Demonstrates commitment to outstanding customer service both internally and externally.
- Must possess Valid NYS Driver's License (Learners Permits are not acceptable) and own reliable vehicle.
- Must respect patient confidentiality, have an empathetic attitude toward patients and families requiring care and must complete annual Home Health Aide education in-service requirements as required.
- Pre-training and pre-employment physical examination required to ensure the applicants ability to perform the essential responsibilities of the job. An annual health assessment as required by NYS Department of Health is also required.
Physical Requirements: In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer