Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
RN (Registered Nurse) 30 for 40 Program - Weekends
Clyde, Lyons, Manchester, Palmyra
This position is responsible for direct nursing care. The RN is responsible for the delivery of patient care. This involves the assessment of patient and family needs, and the development, implementation and evaluation of an appropriate plan of nursing care. This RN may also serve as the case manager, which involves the identification of appropriate services, supervision of home health aide staff and ongoing review and evaluation of the utilization of services.
• Systematically and continuously collects and documents opening and/or revisit assessment data regarding the patient and family needs.
• Identifies and prioritizes health problems based on assessments.
• Develop, implement and evaluate multidisciplinary goal directed intervention plans based on identified needs in collaboration with the attending physician and other health team members.
• Manages and coordinates patient care in a manner which ensures the efficient and effective delivery of appropriate home care services and community support. RN’s may be assigned as primary nurses with responsibility for all case coordination of patients requiring any other type of care upon approval.
• Assesses the need for home health aide services, establishes the aide activity sheet, supervises and evaluates the aide in the performance of his/her patient care duties.
• Communicates all changes in patient status and/or service needs to the appropriate health team member and ensures appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
• Facilitates the development and implementation of patient discharge plans.
• Documents all patient care and coordinating activities in a timely fashion.
• Practices according to agency and community standards.
• Participates in quality assurance activities as requested.
• Attends required staff meetings, in-services and/or supervisory conferences when requested.
• Participates in on-call schedule and weekend/holiday schedules as assigned.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the corporate code of conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and valid NYS registered nursing license required. A minimum of 1 year recent acute care experience preferred. Ability to travel and a valid NYS driver’s license required. Must demonstrate solid interpersonal, organizational and time management skills. Basic computer skills are necessary, including but not limited to the ability to navigate on a personal computer within a Windows based operating environment; the ability to access and create basic e-mail messages; and the ability to open, edit, and save basic electronic documents if necessary. With training provided, must demonstrate the ability to learn and utilize new systems, computer applications and operating environments as necessary.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirm the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, veteran status, military status, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity, predisposing genetic characteristic, genetic information, or any other status protected under the law.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Send This Job to a Friend