Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
WOCN Registered Nurse
Please note this is a Lifetime Care position. Pay grades and benefits differ from EHP and LHMG.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist- (CETN) or (CWOCN) is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of associated programs and staff education in the care of patients. This responsibility includes participation in the screening applicants, orientation, education, and evaluation of specialty nursing staff, and ensuring that quality patient care is delivered efficiently. Also provides clinical nursing leadership in area of specialty to the agency professional staff.
• Provides consultation, as needed, to all nursing staff participating in the delivery of care to clients with abdominal stomas, chronic wounds, urinary and fecal incontinence.
• Participates in the development and maintenance of current operational policies and procedure related to programs.
• Participates in the selection of nursing specialty candidates for employment as requested.
• Assumes major responsibility for development and implementation of orientation, education, and training activities for agency regarding program areas assigned.
• Collaborates with the Quality Management staff to design, monitor, and evaluate the continuous quality improvement process, and risk management components of the clinical program. Conferences, joint visits with, and convenes specialty team on a monthly basis to evaluate and update program.
• Identify and design research projects based on data generated from the continuous quality improvement program and clinical observations.
• Educate the nurse generalists and health team members about technical, cognitive, and clinical developments emerging for the home care client.
• Act as liaison with the medical community at large regarding related agency Nursing programs.
• Perform direct care and documentation for select clients and caregivers that require specialist expertise and meets specified productivity.
• Maintains current clinical knowledge in these specialty areas.
• Participates on agency committees that are assigned.
• Manage and evaluate the care deficit in complex cases.
• Consult with staff and clients on ethical issues related to treatment and self-determinism.
• Participates in the development of a multidisciplinary and inter-organizational plan of service in order to provide appropriate therapy for patient assignment.
• Consults with supervisory staff in order to provide appropriate patient assignment to the wound team.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Level II - Performs similar functions as level I, plus:
• Performs as an informal leader, role model, and resource to other staff in a positive clinical leadership role.
• A valid NYS Professional RN’s license.
• A valid NYS Driver’s license.
• Satisfactory completion of a CETN or WOCN accredited Nursing Education Program.
• At least 2 years nursing experience as a Professional RN; experience in Certified Home Health Agency; experience as an Enterostomal Therapy or Wound, Ostomy and Continance Nurse.
• Demonstrates strong ability to communicate in writing.
• Strong demonstration skills in interpersonal relationships/public relations.
• Current board certification in CETN or CWOCN.
Level II – requires similar qualifications as level I, plus:
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirm the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, veteran status, military status, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity, predisposing genetic characteristic, genetic information, or any other status protected under the law.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Send This Job to a Friend