Note: This RN position includes 3 8 hr shifts per week alternating day shift 1 week and evenings the next. Availability to work every other weekend is required..
Summary: The Staff RN (Inpatient) is responsible for the provision of comprehensive Nursing care to meet the needs of his/her patients. Under the direction of the Inpatient Manager, the registered nurse has the authority and accountability for utilizing
the nursing process and delegating components of the nursing plan of care to allied nursing personnel. This includes participation in the Interdisciplinary Group to provide a comprehensive plan of patient care. The policies of the Medicare Conditions of Participation,
Lifetime Care, Inc., and the Hospice In-patient Unit are utilized in the performance of all aspects of patient care.
• Systematically and continuously collects and documents assessment data regarding patient and family needs, identifying areas that require health care intervention.
• Communicates patient/family needs to the interdisciplinary group and assists in developing a comprehensive care plan for the patient and family.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates goal directed plans of nursing intervention based on identified needs in collaboration with the attending physician and other health team members.
• Manages and coordinates complex as well as routine patient care in manner which ensures the efficient delivery of that care.
• Communicates with the Community Hospice Nurse & the Hospice Social Worker to assess the need for home health services and to develop the home care plan.
• Communicates all changes in patient status and/or service needs to the appropriate health team members and ensures appropriate action is taken.
• Facilitates the development and implementation of transfer to the home setting.
• Documents all patient care and coordinating activities in a concise, accurate, and timely manner.
• Provides support and direction to the family at the time of the patient’s death. May be involved in the family’s bereavement follow-up.
• Maintains an updated working knowledge of developments in nursing practice and community support services.
• Participates in utilization review and/or quality assurance activities as requested.
• Attends required staff meetings, in-services, and/or supervisory conferences when required.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.