Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Account Service Consultant I
To ensure prompt, accurate, and efficient servicing of all member and group administrator inquiries for all product lines. Inquiries received by an Account Service Consultant may be via telephone, written inquiries, lobby walk in customers or through on site visits with an employer group. Maintain constant communication with the Sales staff, operating the BlueCard program and other Health Plan programs, as well as offer valuable information to group accounts. Responsible for the implementation of new groups and conversion of groups to new product lines. Responsible to interact with Operations and Finance/Underwriting Departments to identify and resolve client account issues.
• Researches, interprets and responds to inquiries from internal and external customers, business partners, brokers, consultants, and groups concerning our products, services and policies in accordance with MTM, Corporate Service strategy, NCQA, and legislative requirements.
• Responds to sales/retention team requests for assistance in the field and provide support where needed regarding new and existing business activity to include completion of group information from development for renewing groups.
• Assists with the development and implementation of new groups or converted groups as directed.
• Identifies and responds to issues as brought forward either internally or externally and ensures all inquiries will be responded to within 48 hours and in most cases resolved.
• Assures that all account data is maintained on a timely and accurate basis such as initial account setup, benefit books, contracts, GIS, etc.
• Attend provided/necessary training to support job role/function and attends meetings as necessary in order to disseminate information to the Sales and the Account Service staff.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Account Service Consultant II - In addition to all responsibilities listed above
• Acts as the go-to person along with other Account Service Consultant II co-workers to coordinate daily activities when necessary. Assists with difficult issues that may surface within a day. Coordinates time off or time away from the office in order to ensure Account Service workflow is covered at all times
• Mentors, as well as, monitors the Sales Hunt Line in order to ensure phone calls are responded to accurately and efficiently with a goal of 0% abandoned along with no more than a 12 second speed of answer.
• Assists in the maintenance of files, records, and operating manuals. Provides assistance in obtaining reports as requested.
• Assists in on-the-job training of Account Service and Sales Associates.
• Assists in managing workload for inventory control.
• Identifies issues, patterns and/or trends generated by external and internal action affecting customer satisfaction and consistently and independently recommends and initiates changes and improvement as a result of process review.
• Attends meetings and/or trainings as a representative of the Account Service Team and shares the information learned with the Account Service Staff upon your return or within a reasonable period of time.
• Handles HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act) issues as requested by members through Group Administrators. Specifically, handles all DRS (Full “Designated Record Set”) requests and serves as a point person for the Account Service team when difficulties arise in obtaining information through normal channels.
• Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent experience in related fields.
• Thorough knowledge of operating systems.
• Thorough knowledge and expertise of benefit programs for all Health Plan business required.
• Knowledge of NYS and Federal regulations and underwriting policies and all process flows.
• Sales and strong communication skills.
• Demonstrates expertise in problem-solving skills necessary to accurately and efficiently resolve customer inquiries in an organized manner, resulting in superior accuracy and production levels, and retention of subscriber contracts.
• Maintains a professional and courteous attitude at all times towards co-workers, internal and external customers, representing Health Plan, its products, policies and procedures in a positive and professional manner. Maintains an effective working relationship to ensure corporate wide teamwork PC skills essential: spreadsheet and word processing applications, database functions and any sales force automation software applications.
• Valid NYS Life, Accident and Health license within six months of employment required.
• Responsible for small employer groups servicing.
• Manage small group implementations relative to enrollment meetings, clean apps, sanitize GEA’s/NBR’s for sales consultants
• Attend Open Enrollment Meeting as necessary with or without Sales Consultant.
• Complete required Medicare Training per Center for Medicare Services.
• Ability to travel as necessary in order to offer support for on-site visits to groups/brokers, open enrollments, training and/or off site meetings.
• Similar qualifications to that of Level I, however, two years experience as Account Service Consultant I required.
• Develop and motivate staff to be dedicated through self motivation and successful team oriented players.
• Responsible for large complicated employer groups servicing.
• Be a mentor for the Account Service team in order to initiate resolution to all outstanding and/or difficult issues.
• Manage large group implementations relative to enrollment meetings, clean apps, sanitize GEA’s/NBR’s for sales consultants.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Send This Job to a Friend