||Bus Sys Admin Mgr
||Summary: The Business Systems Manager will work in a functional capacity supporting our specialized business applications that span across functional areas. The individual will report to Director of Information Technology and will work as a liaison between
business customers and IT organization to ensure that business requirements and designs are translated into system solutions that align with the business and strategic needs of the organization.
The focus will be on business analysis addressing people and process in addition to technology and understanding of how changes and solutions would impact stakeholder’s operations and processes. The selected individual will provide direction and leadership
to the team, across all projects, through all stages of the project lifecycle including resource planning, requirements and design, user acceptance testing, training, deployment, and support to ensure the final solution provides the required business value.
Candidates should possess a balance of functional and technical expertise for application and business process related initiatives. The position requires excellent project management leadership, business/systems analysis, coaching/mentoring, communication and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serves as a liaison with the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet business needs
• Proactively recommends new technology, policies and/or processes to benefit the organization and improve efficiencies.
• Collaborates with business stakeholders to understand and support their overall business strategy.
• Stays current with existing technology releases and future enhancements, and collaborates with business stakeholders to implement new features as desired.
• Works with third party vendors on issues and custom implementations.
• Participate in collaborative design sessions in developing business/operational requirements for new initiatives that enhance business and operational processes and meet business goals, eliminating or automating unnecessary manual processes where possible
with the use of existing technology.
• Prepare and deliver recommendations, requirements or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in applications used across the organization.
• Participate in the planning, designing, development, testing and deployment of new capabilities and enhancements to existing applications.
• Assist in creating detailed scope and system requirements documents, including supporting specifications and visual aids, to provide direction and essential information for customers and application developers.
• Document and outline the scope of project requests to facilitate prioritization through the governance process and the estimation process by the Information Services team and/or third party application developers.
• Coordinate and perform in-depth testing including user acceptance testing for modified and new deliverables as well as test for post-implementation support.
• Provide orientation and training to end users for modified and new applications.
• Collaborate with the developers using prescribed standards to monitor metadata integration processes to ensure quality assimilation across multiple business applications and the relationship to the business Enterprise environment.
• Write, develop and manage data integration processes, batch or otherwise, to support business rules for information delivery, where needed.
• Support business inquiries with ad hoc queries, help tickets and other incident reports.
• Work collaboratively with team members, customers and vendors to support the needs of the business.
• Supervises staff and daily analytics and reporting operations to ensure consistent, accurate and efficient services.
• Develops goals for staff and meets regularly to review progress in meeting those goals.
• Customary management duties as required by company policy or department procedures.
• Help, define, plan and monitor resource allocation and capacity planning.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 5 years of advanced development, technical database and/or system administration experience; College graduate or equivalent business experience; degree in information systems or business administration preferred.
• Strong knowledge of advanced database tools such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle.
• Experience in working with complex and large volumes of data, and database applications.
• Experience with requirements gathering, design and testing standards.
• Proven experience and proficiency with constructing SQL Server Analysis Services databases.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to champion projects from beginning through implementation, meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision.
• Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, inquisitive and willing to take initiative to complete work with little supervision.
• Excellent understanding of the importance of the organization’s stakeholders, goals and objectives.
• Ability to work in a team environment with a positive demeanor and build strong partnerships with team members and business stakeholders.
• Assertive, ability to command credibility and influence across the organization.
• Embrace rapid change and ambiguity.
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
• Ability to work with all levels of management.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.