||Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)- Covenant Healthcare System
||Affiliated with Covenant Health System
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
The Wound Care LPN (Licensed Practical / Vocational Nurse) is responsible for all assigned nursing care activities to include but not limited to wound care for patients of all ages and other clinical activities associated with providing safe patient care. The
LPN will be responsible for assisting with patient and wound care data collection for outcome based care management.
• The LPN must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients served on his/her assigned unit as described in unit based competencies, policies, and procedures.
• In collaboration with other staff members, provides bedside patient care, implementing the interventions identified in the plan of care, as directed by the RN.
Manage and Maintain Effective Patient Care
• Ensure appropriate patient care documentation.
• Implement and assure compliance with wound center and hospital policies and procedures.
• Maintain familiarity with regulatory standards.
• Report quality of care issues to staff RN or Program Director.
• Ensure availability of necessary equipment and supplies.
• Communicates with all team members regarding therapeutic interventions.
• Communicates with staff and physicians to ensure quality of care.
Personal Growth and Development
• Maintains and demonstrates competency in BLS (Basic Life Support), infection control, safety and all unity required skill review.
• Participates in own employee feedback session identifying individual strengths and areas of growth.
• Identifies limitations in own skills/knowledge and seeks consultation from available resources to improve them.
• Demonstrates commitment to ongoing professional growth and education.
||• Nursing degree from an accredited nursing school.
• Current license in the state of practice.
• Minimum two years experience as LPN/LVN.
• Minimum one year experience in acute care setting.
• Wound care experience preferred