||Summary: Under the supervision of a physician, the Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) is responsible for providing high quality wound care within the assigned Healogics setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluates and manages patients for wound care and ensuring delivered care meets current standards of practice.
• Adheres to Healogics clinical practice guidelines for wound care
• Demonstrates competency in the position of wound care including assessment, debridement and hyperbaric oxygen treatment.
• Participates in the Quality Improvement Program specific to service line in which care is being provided in order to optimize quality service and maintain a high level of patient satisfaction.
• Serves as a patient advocate, initiating action to provide continuity of care within and outside the facility setting.
• Coordinates the patient plan of care with the physician and hospital’s or facilities clinical disciplines to address patient needs, evaluate the effectiveness of care in order to ensure healing outcome goals.
• Ensures education is provided to the appropriate hospital’s or facility staff regarding management of the patient’s wound(s) and dermatology services.
• Maintains communication and working relationship with hospitals or facilities administrative team and patient family members in regards to wound care and dermatology services.
• Maintains and retains appropriate patient records, claims and correspondence as it relates to quality assurance procedures, billing & collections, and management reporting systems to include designated administrative duties required for these items.
• Ensures documentation is completed timely relative to the care provided and meets payer guidelines.
• Has a working understanding of the diagnostic codes and regulations that govern wound care and dermatology services in various sites of service.
• Ensures signatures on Superbills and verifies appropriate diagnostic codes are marked.
• Maintains patient confidentiality in accordance with applicable State and Federal regulations.
• Complies with all Healogics Policies and Procedures, as well as with those of the facility and affiliated entities of Healogics and Healogics Speciality Physicians.
• Attends and participates in Healogics provider staff meetings.
• Develops advanced knowledge of wound care and dermatology.
• Maintains corporate confidentiality pertaining to financial arrangements and information, marketing efforts and techniques, policies and procedures, and operational strategies.
• Demonstrates the ability to modify treatment approach and evaluation of effectiveness relative to age-specific variables when appropriate.
• Participates in education, research and leadership activities.
• Participates in professional organizations related to wound care and dermatology.
• Maintains CEUs as required by State of license.
• Maintains and keeps current all licenses, permits, registrations and certifications.
• Maintains good standing with licensing authorities.
• Performs designated administrative duties and other duties assigned as necessary; duties may include, but not be limited to supervision of assigned nursing staff and or wound management program at designated site of service.
Nurse Practitioner license
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification
ACLS certification a plus
Minimum two years clinical experience
Wound Care/Dermatology experience a plus