||JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of a physician, the Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) is responsible for providing high quality wound care and dermatology services for patients residing in Long Term Acute Care Facilities and Skilled Nursing
Facilities; developing and maintaining a designated territory that fulfills patient volume expectations.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Evaluates and manages patients for wound care and dermatology services ensuring it meets current standards of practice.
• Adheres to patient care protocols for wound care and dermatology services.
• Performs nursing care that is accurate, efficient and consistent with the patient’s needs.
• Participates in the Quality Improvement Program, for the LTAC/SNF facilities to optimize quality service and maintain a high level of patient satisfaction.
• Serves as a patient advocate, initiating action to provide continuity of care outside the facility setting.
• Coordinates the patient plan of care with the physician and the facility’s clinical disciplines to address patient needs, evaluate the effectiveness of care, and assess changes to the patient medical condition to ensure healing outcome goals.
• Ensures that education is provided to the facility staff regarding the management of the patient’s wound(s).
• Maintains communication and a working relationship with the facility Administrator, DON, team of health care providers, and, patient family members in regards to wound care and dermatology services.
• Maintains and retains appropriate patient records, claims and correspondence as it relates to quality assurance procedures, billing & collections, and, management reporting systems.
• Ensures documentation meets requirements for maximum reimbursement.
• Has a working understanding of the diagnostic codes and regulations that govern wound care and dermatology services.
• Ensures signatures on superbills and verifies appropriate diagnostic codes are marked.
• Maintains patient confidentiality in accordance with applicable State and Federal regulations.
• Performs designated administrative duties and maintains appropriate records and claims.
• Manage resources, supplies, equipment, physical facility, and staff, thereby improving financial and clinical performance to ensure achievement of the facility’s goals.
• Education: MSN with certification as Nurse Practitioner licensure
• Experience: Minimum 2 to 3 years clinical experience
Wound Care/Dermatology experience a plus
• Current BLS Certification
• ACLS a plus
• Leadership and motivational skills
• Analytical and organized
• Results oriented
• Excellent communication skills
• Professional in appearance and manner
• Ability to build goodwill through positive interaction with patients and patient families
• Computer literate