||NOTE: This is a Part-Time position (20-24hrs per week)
The Front Office Coordinator / Administrative Assistant performs a variety of duties related to the authorization and recertification of insurance for the patients of the Comprehensive Wound Care Center and their physicians. This position also performs a variety
of general office duties to assist the staff of the Comprehensive Wound Healing Center. The Front Office Coordinator will use fax, internet, email, written log books, computer and patient charts, answer telephones, route calls, schedule patient appointments,
greet patients and visitors, collect data essential to the hospital registration and billing process, enter patient charges, schedule ancillary testing, assemble patient charts, and file patient charts. This position may be responsible for entering data into
the outcomes database. The position will also be responsible for normal maintenance of office equipment and ordering of office supplies and some medical supplies as directed.
• Receiving referral on new patients. Verifying patient coverage. Communicating with primary care physician and/or insurance company as needed to obtain authorization for initial visit.
• Documenting information in logbook.
• Copying documentation to hospital billing department and attending wound healing center physician/s.
• Placing visit tally card on chart front to track visits.
• Identifying the need for additional visits before the current time or number of visits expires.
• Sending clinical information and photographs (as needed) to appropriate insurance company with request for an extension of visit numbers or time.
• On receipt of extension, documenting authorization information on log.
•Copying the update to patient finance and attending wound center MD.
• Answering phone, greeting customers, route calls to appropriate staff, schedule patient appointments.
• Obtaining insurance information from customers, obtaining insurance verification for services.
• Coordinating Patient Ancillary Testing with other hospital departments.
• Entering patient charges and verifying charges, reconciling charges as directed.
• Assembling new patient charts, maintaining and filing existing patient charts, “spot checking” charts for data completeness and signatures.
• Data entry into proprietary database and data entry into hospital data systems (patient registration) as directed. Auditing data entry and generate reports as directed.
• Maintaining office equipment and maintaining office supplies, (ordering as appropriate)
• Communicating with payors and must consistently document the outcome.
• Listening to customer concerns and needs and directing customer to a satisfactory outcome.
||High School Diploma, GED or Certificate equivalent
One to Three months of related experience
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos
Ability to write correspondence
Ability to present information in one-on-on and small group situations
Proficiency in Microsoft Office