Cummins Crosspoint, LLC is one of the largest distributors for Cummins engines, parts and service in the world. We are now accepting applications for an In-Shop Service Manager in our Indianapolis, IN location.
The In-Shop Service Manager manages the in-shop service operations for the branch; assisting the Branch Service Manager in ensuring profitability for the branch. Directly manages front line supervisors to ensure quality and timely repairs for customers.
The In-Service Manager is responsible for leading a safety culture and effectively communicating our Vision, Mission and Operating Principals in service operations.
· Responsible for the profitability of the service department in-shop; including productivity, labor utilization, and work in process, recovery rate, service inventory, warranty recovery and expense control.
· Ensure we provide excellent customer service and maintain positive customer relationships.
· Monitor service performance information to ensure efficient/profitable operation.
· Responsible for achieving and maintaining an excellent safety record.
· Responsible for service employee development, including needs assessments, training and reviews.
· Communicate company policies and practices and ensures compliance.
· Create and maintain a safe, clean, and efficient workplace.
· Monitor and promote asset utilization.
· Maintain excellent relations with our manufacturers and ensures adherence to Cummins directives and programs.
· Develop and implement action plans to obtain branch service sales objectives.
· Responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels.
· Responsible for continuous process improvement and process adherence.
· Maintain good dealer relations.
· Continually strive to achieve the highest level of credibility and integrity with dealers, customers, and fellow employees.
· Responsible for ensuring safe, operable shop equipment and tools.
· Monitor and implement health and safety policies and procedures.
· Perform other responsibilities as needed
· Associates degree in Diesel Mechanics and/or Service Management or five years of experience and training with Cummins engines, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
· Prior supervisory work experience and experience as a Diesel Technician with knowledge of Cummins engines, parts and warranties preferred.
· Demonstrate business acumen.
· Superior interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Excellent computer skills with capability to effectively use all Cummins systems and processes.
· Highly skilled in problem recognition and resolution
· Must be able to interact with customers in an effective, positive and professional manner.
· Demonstrate a commitment to personal and worksite safety.
· Desire to continuously develop and improve skills for high job performance.