Position: Certified Medical Assistant
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8AM - 4:30PM, rotaing Saturdays
Location: Allentown, PA
Coordinated Health (CH) is a privately held cute-care hospital network in eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey. CH’s focused regional network has 1,200 employees at 17 sites with an ambulatory-based continuum of care. Access is provided by specialty
hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, multi-specialty clinics, walk-in centers and a rapid recovery suite. Service lines include musculoskeletal care, cardiology, women’s health and immediate and primary care, endocrinology, rheumatology, and general surgery.
In Bethlehem, CH has exclusively earned the U.S. government’s new 5-star top CMS rating for hospital patient service, has earned top safety and patient satisfaction scores from HealthGrades.
At CH, we believe that position of the Medical Assistant (MA) is instrumental in creating the ultimate patient experience. The MA is often the first clinical staff member to see a patient.
1. Patient Satisfaction
- Accurately obtain and record the patient’s current and previous medical condition.
- Call patients by name and direct patients to the appropriate treatment rooms.
- Will document any past medical or surgical history; height and weight; any family or social history; any special needs of the patient; vital signs to include blood pressure, temperature, and heart rate; pain level at the time of the visit; and any medications
and/or medical allergies the patient reports.
- Removing staples or sutures, cleaning and dressing wounds or drawing blood or aspirating fluid as needed
- Respond to patient requests for prescription refills in a timely manner.
- Must demonstrate communication and customer service skills.
2. Assisting Physician and Other Medical Staff
- Will work with and prepare lab specimens
- Will assist with clinical procedures and physical exams as needed.
- Assist with casting and bracing
- Sensitive and discrete regarding patient issues
- Conduct audiograms, EKGs, PFTs and TB screenings as needed
- Apply casts or remove casts as directed by doctor’s orders.
3. Help Maintain Patient Flow
- MAs explain the DME and the proper care instructions to the patient as well as complete the necessary DME forms and give a copy to the patient.
- Will place a copy of the DME form in the appropriate place to scan for inventory purposes.